Welcome to the Club (Kick Axe album)
|Welcome to the Club|
|Studio album by|
|Released||29 November 1985 |
|Recorded||Metal Works Studios, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Pasha Music House, Hollywood, California, USA, 1985|
|Genre||Heavy metal, Glam metal|
|Producer||Randy Bishop, Spencer Proffer|
|Kick Axe chronology|
|Singles from Welcome to the Club|
Welcome to the Club is the second studio album by Canadian heavy metal band, Kick Axe. The album was released in 1985. This album was released on Pasha Records, and reissued in 2000 as part of the "Sony Rewind" series.
The cover of Beatles' "With a Little Help from My Friends" has been released not only as a single but also as a video with an ensemble chorus featuring Lee Aaron & John Albani (Lee Aaron Band), Rik Emmett (Triumph), Brian Allen & Sheron Alton (Toronto), Bob Segarini, Alfie Zappacosta, Cameron Hawkins (FM), Cindy Valentine, Ava Cherry, Andy Curran (Coney Hatch).
The album best Billboard 200 position was #176.
- "Welcome to the Club" (Kick Axe) - 4:47
- "Feels Good - Don't Stop" (Kick Axe/R.Bishop) - 3:22
- "Comin' After You" (Kick Axe/R.Bishop) - 4:56
- "Make Your Move" (Kick Axe/R.Bishop) - 3:51
- "Never Let Go" (Kick Axe) - 5:13
- "Hellraisers" (Kick Axe) - 4:17
- "Can't Take It with You" (Kick Axe/R.Bishop) - 3:42
- "Too Loud... Too Old" (Kick Axe) - 2:51
- "Feel the Power" (Kick Axe/R.Bishop) - 3:47
- "With a Little Help from My Friends" (J.Lennon/P.McCartney) - 4:19
- George Criston - lead vocals
- Larry Gillstrom - guitars, backing vocals
- Raymond Harvey - guitars, backing vocals
- Victor Langen - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Brian Gillstrom - drums, backing vocals
- Randy Bishop - percussion, keyboards
- Spencer Proffer - percussion, keyboards
- Rik Emmett, Alfie Zappacosta, Lee Aaron, John Albani, Andy Curran, Sharon Alton, Cindy Valentine, Brian Allen, Ava Cherry, Paris, Bob Segarini, Cameron Hawkins - vocals on track 10
- Randy Bishop, Spencer Proffer - producer
- Suzanne DuBarry - producer assistant
- Hanspeter Huber, Ed Stone - engineers
- Alex Woltman, Kevin Arst, Noel Golden - engineering assistants
- Steve Hall - mastering
- Carol Peters, Karen Chamberlain, Gail Lee - coordination
- Dimo Safari - photograps
- Hugh Syme - art direction and design
- Garry M. Stratychuk - manager
- Joe Cardosi, Dean Zurowski, Mike Martin, Dwayne Fynn - tour personnel
- "RPM, 30 November 1985, Vol. 43, No. 12, p. 8: Name Cancon acts give boost Kick Axe session". 30 November 1985.
- Huey, Steve. "Kick Axe Welcome to the Club review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- Oliver, Derek (29 May 1986). "Kick Axe 'Welcome to the Club'". Kerrang!. 121. London, UK: United Magazines Ltd. p. 16.