- Not to be confused with the Hawthorne Plaza Shopping Center.
|Location||Vernon Hills, Illinois, United States|
|Address||122 Hawthorn Center, Vernon Hills, IL 60061|
|Opening date||September 10, 1973|
|Management||Centennial Real Estate|
|Owner||Centennial Real Estate
Montgomery Street Partners
USAA Real Estate
|No. of stores and services||180|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,295,915 square feet (120,394.4 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (+1 basement in anchor stores)|
Hawthorn Mall, formerly Westfield Hawthorn, is a shopping mall in Vernon Hills, Illinois. It was developed by Urban Investment and Development Co, and anchor stores Sears and Marshall Field & Company as part of New Century Town, a community with 5,000 condominiums and townhomes planned at the time. Construction of the mall began in May, 1972  and was completed at a cost of $45 million. By September 10, 1973, the building was complete and the first stores- Marshall Field & Company and fifteen specialty shops- had their grand opening. Hawthorn was originally constructed without a food court. Westfield Group acquired it in 2002. Westfield Group sold 80% interest in mall as of December 2015.
Inside Hawthorn mall on Black Friday 2006
- Macy's formerly Marshall Field & Company
- Carson Pirie Scott
- Carson's Furniture Gallery
- Chicago Tribune. Jun. 5, 1972 Shop Center Forms New Town's Core
- First stores to open in Hawthorn Center, Chicago Tribune; Sep. 6, 1973
- "Food courts providing slice of pie to all in modern malls", Chicago Tribune; Sep. 5, 1982
- Staff, Chicago Tribune. May 14, 2002 Fox Valley Center bought
- Chicago Tribune (21 December 2015). "Fox Valley Mall in Aurora has new owner". Aurora Beacon-News. Retrieved 7 May 2016.