Original film poster
|Directed by||Roman Polanski|
|Produced by||Carlo Ponti|
|Written by||Roman Polanski|
Carlo delle Piane
Mogens von Gadow
|Music by||Claudio Gizzi|
|December 7, 1972|
What? (Che?, also variously titled Quoi?, Was?, and Diary of Forbidden Dreams) is a 1972 comedy film written and directed by Roman Polanski and starring Marcello Mastroianni, Sydne Rome and Hugh Griffith.
Set in an unnamed coastal city in Italy, the film tells a story of an American girl, Nancy (Sydne Rome), who takes shelter in a villa filled with strange guests. There, she gets into a relationship with a retired pimp, Alex (Marcello Mastroianni).
- Marcello Mastroianni as Alex
- Sydne Rome as Nancy
- Hugh Griffith as Joseph Noblart
- Guido Alberti as Priest
- Gianfranco Piacentini as Tony
- Carlo Delle Piane as Young Oaf #1 in Car
- Mario Bussolino as Young Oaf #2 in Car
- Henning Schlüter as Catone
- Christiane Barry as Dresser
- Pietro Tordi as Man-Servant
- Nerina Montagnani as Chambermaid
- Mogens von Gadow as German
- Dieter Hallervorden as German
- Elisabeth Witte as Baby
- John Karlsen as Edward
- Roger Middleton as Jimmy (uncredited)
- Roman Polanski as Mosquito (uncredited)
- "Exclusive Interview with Composer Claudio Gizzi". Fangoria. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- Vincent Canby (1973-10-04). "Che? (1973) Film: X-Rated Polanski: What?". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- Rabin, Nathan (October 28, 2009). "Polanski-tastic Sick-Fuck Case File #149: What?". The A.V. Club. Onion. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- ""Che?" di Roman Polanski Sydne Rome in un mondo di pazzi". Retrieved 27 August 2013.
|This film article about a 1970s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|