Whistling Woods International Institute
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Whistling Woods International Institute for Films, Media, Animation and Media Arts|
Goregaon, Mumbai, India|
|President||Meghna Ghai Puri|
Whistling Woods International is a film, communication and media arts institute located in Mumbai, India. The institute is promoted by Indian Filmmaker Subhash Ghai, Mukta Arts and Film City Mumbai. In July 2014, The Hollywood Reporter named Whistling Woods on its list of "The best film schools in the world". The school was first ranked among the top 10 film schools by The Hollywood Reporter in 2010.
Supreme Court Order
The admission arguments for the Review Petitions of Mukta Arts and Whistling Woods International were heard in the High Court on 30 July 2014. The Court has admitted the petitions and issued an interim order, staying its order passed in February 2012, and allowing Whistling Woods to continue its operations in its campus in Film City, Mumbai. The final order will be passed after detailed arguments are heard when the review petitions come up for hearing.
- Film and Television Institute of India
- State Institute of Film and Television
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
- "The best film schools in the world". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Study Abroad: The Top 15 International Film Schools". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Supreme Court orders Subhash Ghai to return land, slams Vilasrao Deshmukh". NDTV.com. 4 April 2012.