|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: B16|
|Serves||Weedsport, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||400 ft / 122 m|
Whitford's Airport is a public use airport in Cayuga County, New York, United States. It is owned by John Whitford and is located two nautical miles (3.74 km) northeast of the central business district of the Village of Weedsport. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2007-2011, it is categorized as a reliever airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Whitford's Airport covers an area of 120 acres (49 ha) at an elevation of 400 feet (122 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways designated 10/28, with an asphalt surface measuring 3,630 by 60 feet (1,106 x 18 m) and E/W, with a turf surface measuring 2,800 by 100 feet (853 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 9, 2006, the airport had 6,104 aircraft operations, an average of 17 per day: 98% general aviation, 2% military and a few ultralights. At that time there were 32 aircraft based at this airport: 84% single-engine, 3% multi-engine and 13% ultralights.
- FAA Airport Master Record for B16 ( PDF), effective 2009-08-27.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2007-2011
- "B16 - Weedsport, New York - Whitford's Airport". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Aerial photo as of 27 March 1995 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- FAA Terminal Procedures for B16, effective October 13, 2016
- Resources for this airport: