Whitman is an unincorporated community in northeastern Grant County, Nebraska, United States. It lies along Nebraska Highway 2 east of the village of Hyannis, the county seat of Grant County. Its elevation is 3,602 feet (1,098 m), and it is located at Coordinates: (42.0419371, -101.5232243). The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Gudmundsen Sandhills Laboratory lies just north of the community. Although Whitman is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 69366.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 62.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-03-09. Accessed 2008-04-26.
- Gudmundsen Sandhills Laboratory
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Hyannis, Grant County". Center for Advanced Land Management Information Technologies. University of Nebraska. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- Alan Boye (1 April 2007). The Complete Roadside Guide to Nebraska. U of Nebraska Press. p. 386. ISBN 0-8032-3378-7.
- Fitzpatrick, Lillian L. (1960). Nebraska Place-Names. University of Nebraska Press. p. 69. ISBN 0-8032-5060-6. A 1925 edition is available for download at University of Nebraska—Lincoln Digital Commons.
|This Nebraska state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|