Wian du Preez
|Full name||Wian Hunter du Preez|
|Date of birth||30 October 1982|
|Place of birth||Bloemfontein, South Africa|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||113 kg (17 st 11 lb; 249 lb)|
|School||Grey College, Bloemfontein|
|University||University of the Free State|
|Rugby union career|
Du Preez first played for Munster in late 2009, after he was signed on a three-month loan as injury cover for Marcus Horan. He impressed during his short time there and, in May 2010, it was announced that Du Preez was returning to Munster after signing a two-year permanent contract. He has since become an integral member of the Munster team.
Du Preez signed a contract extension with Munster in February 2012.
It was announced on 14 May 2013 that du Preez would be leaving Munster to return to South Africa.
Du Preez was called into the South Africa squad for their Test against Italy in November 2009, due to his proximity to the fixture. He was said to be disillusioned by the lack of opportunities to play for the Springboks and with CJ van der Linde returning from Leinster to claim a place in the Springbok squad, Du Preez decided to put his international career on hold until after the next Rugby World Cup.
- Ray, Craig (2009-11-10). "Du Preez to help out Munster". rugbyworld.com. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- "Du Preez Returning To Munster". munsterrugby.ie. 25 May 2010.
- "Contract News". munsterrugby.ie. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Injury Forces Howlett To Retire". munsterrugby.ie. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Lyon sign form Springboks prop Wiaan du Preez". LOU Rugby.fr. 13 October 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "Du Preez signs two-year deal with Munster". The Irish Times. 5 May 2010.