Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/Herstory of Deaf Women Wikipedia Editing Workshop
Herstory of Deaf Women Wikipedia Editing Workshop
Join us for the Herstory of Deaf Women Wikipedia Editing Workshop hosted by the Division of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and the GSR 300 and PHI 395 Feminism class with support from Wikimedia DC.
With the help of experienced Wikipedians, attendees will learn to edit Wikipedia and improve or create Wikipedia articles related to Deaf Women in history, drawing on the Gallaudet University Library's free and extensive online collections as source materials. No editing experience is necessary.
Laptops are required. Please bring your own. Wikimedia has two laptops to loan. Reserve one by emailing email@example.com.
This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited, so register today. Lunch will be provided.
The event will take place from 10am-2pm on March 9 in SAC 1010 on the Gallaudet University campus. RSVP to EDI@gallaudet.edu
- Saturday, March 9, 2019 10AM-2PM
- Gallaudet University SAC 1010 (Student Academic Center)
- 800 Florida Ave NE
- Washington, DC 20002
- Registration has ended. Please check WikimediaDC.org for upcoming events.
Please sign in
- This is for use on the day of the event.
- 1) Select 'Sign in'
- 2) Scroll down on the page that follows and click 'Publish changes' or 'Save changes'.
- Your username will automatically be added to the list of attendees.
- Wikimedia movement
- Wikipedia, a web-based encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Commons, a data repository of media (images, videos and sounds). (See * Wikiproject Wikimedia Commons:GLAM Wikiproject)
- Wikidata, a common source of data, also accessible by the other projects
- Wiktionary, a dictionary
- Wikibooks, educational textbooks
- Wikinews, news articles
- Wikiquote, a collection of quotations
- Wikisource, a library of source texts and documents
- Wikiversity, educational material
- Wikivoyage, a travel guide
- Wikispecies, a taxonomic catalogue of species
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red
- Wikipedia:Five pillars
- Wikipedia:Core content policies
- Wikipedia:General notability guideline
- Wikipedia:Conflict of interest
- Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources
- Wikipedia:No original research (Examples of Original Research)
- Wikipedia:Citing sources
- Wikipedia:Identifying and using primary sources
Quick Editing Tips
Tools and Other Resources
Suggested Article Work List
About the Article Assessment Quality Scale
- Gallaudet University Library Guide to Deaf Biographies and Index to Deaf Periodicals
- Gallaudet University: Archives and Deaf Collections
- Gallaudet University: Collections LIBRARY DEAF COLLECTIONS AND ARCHIVAL RESOURCES
- Wikis: *.wikipedia, commons.wikimedia, en.wikipedia
- Start date: 2019-03-09 10:00 (America/New York)
- End date: 2019-03-09 14:00
|Bytes changed||Edits||Files in use||Files uploaded||New editors||Pages created||Views to pages created||Pages improved||Avg. daily views to pages improved||Unique pages with uploaded files||Participants||7 day retention|