Wikipedia:Meetup/Missoula/Wiki Loves Libraries 2013
|When and Where|
|Time||Friday, January 4, 2013, 3:30-5:30pm|
|Address||Missoula Public Library Main Branch, 301 E. Main Street|
|City, State||Missoula, Montana (59802)|
In conjunction with Wiki Loves Libraries (WLL), an initiative for improved Wikimedia engagement with libraries and archives, the Missoula Public Library will be hosting a Workshop and on Friday, January 4, 2013 from 3:30-5:30pm at the Missoula Public Library Main Branch in Missoula, Montana.
- 1 Goals
- 2 How to edit: Links and resources for Wikipedians in Montana
- 3 Invitation, RSVP, and press coverage
- 4 Videos and links for getting a head start on the event
- 5 Results / Outcomes
- 6 See also
- To teach inexperienced editors how to contribute to Wikipedia
- To write, edit and improve Wikipedia's entries (specifically National Register of Historic Places listings in Montana), and stubs relating to Montana, past and present,
- To demonstrate how to upload original photography to Wikimedia Commons
- To show community members the resources available through the Missoula Public Library system
How to edit: Links and resources for Wikipedians in Montana
Invitation, RSVP, and press coverage
|<font=3>WIKIPEDIA LOVES LIBRARIES: MISSOULA PUBLIC LIBRARY WIKIPEDIA WORKSHOP!|
You're invited to participate in Wikipedia Loves Libraries 2013, a workshop and hosted by Missoula Public Library for the purpose of improving National Register of Historic Places listings in Montana and stubs relating to Montana. No prior experience needed! The event will take place on Friday, January 4, 2013 from 3:30-5:30pm at the Missoula Public Library Main Branch in Missoula, Montana. You can view details about this Wiki Loves Libraries event here. Be sure to RSVP and share the results of your work HERE.
- Ira Sather-Olson (2012-12-30). "Shelf life: Eager editors can improve Wikipedia". Missoulian. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- Betsy Cohen (2013-01-02). "Missoula residents offered crash course in Wikipedia editing". Missoulian. Retrieved 2013-01-05.
- Djembayz, of Wikimedia DC. Feel free to contact me directly for additional information.
- Mm3fre (talk) 00:18, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
Attending remotely (editing on Montana topics from offsite)
- Wikidcat (talk) 18:55, 3 January 2013 (UTC)]
- Erincasey (talk) 18:57, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- MTKotekan (talk) 18:58, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Wikipedia:Tutorial - Learn to edit on your own
- If you are someone who enjoys learning on your own, this tutorial will make it much easier to start editing.
Just click edit
- 1 min 6 s
User names / create an account
Results / Outcomes
- Nine new users!
- Thirty-five attendees!
- Satellite event for staff at Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
- New article: Albert May House
- New article: Great Falls Central High School
- New article: Ursuline Academy (Great Falls, Montana)
- Copyediting of Bently Spang, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, Cheyenne people
- Two new photos uploaded!