|This WikiProject is believed to be inactive. If you are not currently a member of the project, please consider joining it or its parent project WikiProject Computing to help. This tag may be removed if activity resumes, or if this tag has been placed in error.
Welcome to the Perl WikiProject. A central location for Perl writers and programmers to meet to work on Wikipedia and Wikipedia-related tools.
If you are programming in Perl, you may have noticed that the materials about Perl on Wikipedia are far from complete.
Keep in mind that if you help develop Wikipedia as a central repository of Perl know-how, you will have a Perl programming resource that you can refer back to whenever you need to. So instead of just keeping scattered notes on the various components and features of Perl on your computer desk, compose paragraphs in Wikipedia articles where you can easily find these needed facts later.
Where to begin
The best place to start to get a view of what Wikipedia has on this subject, is the Outline of Perl. If you create or come across any new articles on Perl, be sure to add them to this outline.
The goals of this project are to:
- Improve Wikipedia's coverage of Perl by expanding existing articles and creating new ones.
- Provide a place for editors to gather to collaborate on and coordinate the development of articles about Perl on Wikipedia.
- Provide a place for Perl programmers to compare notes on Perl resources helpful in using and developing Wikipedia, and for creating and sharing scripts for those purposes.
- Build a repository of Perl scripts for using or developing Wikipedia.
- Find out the actual name of the camel in the picture.
Perl script repository
Wikipedia's library of Perl scripts can be found at: Wikipedia:Scripts/Perl scripts
Participants (Perl programmers, etc.)
If you are interested in both Perl and Wikipedia, and you wish to improve Wikipedia with Perl or improve Perl's coverage on Wikipedia, then please add your name to the list below along with your Perl and Regex related experience.
- The Transhumanist (talk · contribs) – Perl beginner. Intermediate user of Regex.
- Rich Farmbrough (talk · contribs) – Perl hacker, GNU Octave beginner.
- Cajunman4life (talk · contribs) – Intermediate Perl / Regex.
- Gryllida (talk · contribs) – Intermediate.
- PC-XT (talk · contribs) – Beginner/Intermediate.