- 1 Some statistics
- 2 Redirects
- 3 Projects I am currently interested in
- 4 A few of the pages I've started
- 5 Interesting things
- 6 Barnstars et al.
- 7 Things that stayed too long
- 8 Database dumps
- 9 Disambiguation
- 10 WP errors
- 11 Useful style guides etc.
- 12 Edits
- 13 All my pages
- 14 Todo
- 15 Redirect template categories contents?
- 16 Bits and bobs
At RfD one of the perennial reasons given for deleting redirects is "maintenance". In fact most redirects require minimal manual maintenance, and as we get better at it, less still.
For example Hacoversine. This redirect sat there, requiring no maintenance for 9 years. I just received a message to say the page was patrolled today (2015-10-15). The only reason it was edited was to allow the concept to be added to Wikidata - which would not apply to most of the redirects at RfD.
Projects I am currently interested in
- WP:Tea House
- Covering pseudonym/real-name redirects - currently working on "D" from the first of a list of resources.
- Translating bird articles to Swahili
- Improving Wiktionary coverage of Gaelic languages
- Improving Wiktionary coverage of obsolete English terms
- Generating demographic and geographic images for Commons
- Reviewing and revising the Arbitration Committee processes and policy
- Filling in gaps in previous projects
- Assisting smaller language wikis with technical issues
A few of the pages I've started
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia has more...
- Black Lives Matter
- Je suis Charlie
- Whittington's Longhouse
- Statue of John Bunyan, Bedford
- Statue of George Palmer
- 2009 Fort Hood shooting
- Abaca bunchy top virus
- Echiniscoides sigismundi
- List of cattle herd books
and... List of Ace Double Novels Thelin Clofarabine Myeloblast William H Nation 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment Spaghetti House siege Category:Royal residences in the United Kingdom Fundamental theorem of projective geometry Charles Fambrough Muckle Flugga Vernon Kell (and other MI5 DGs) Kemal Monteno Category:Lost BBC episodes List of Goon Show episodes - well it was part of The Goon Show when I created it. Peter Glaze Ohio House of Representatives Projective frame.
- Most websites have the wrong dates for some episodes of Doomwatch. We don't.
Barnstars et al.
I have some and I like getting them. I have also given some out.
Things that stayed too long
- Note, this is a random sampling of errors, vandalism and hoaxes, some spotted by me, some by others. The point is to remind us that Wikipedia vandalism is not "all corrected within a few minutes" as we sometimes seem to think.
- A non-vegetarian god for three months.
- SE 194W
- Who has the real diamond?  6 weeks.
- Mañana Será Otro Dia 5 months
- Street racer ski 9 weeks.
- Hardin County, Ohio was a country for nearly six months.
- Rautavaara wrote "ASDF" Etudes for nearly six months.
- Parts of this edit took a month to fix.
- The (imaginary) Belgian Bun Companion guide . Over eight months.
- The lower-case professor , about six months.
- Irina Simagina was a man  for 10 months.
- This female politician was a man for eight months. My mistake, I thought her name was a spelling variation of men's name Olav.
- Gé van Aelst, mix-up entry, 1 month.
- Parts of this edit stayed for over eight months.
- Link to non existent congressman  over nine months.
- Zach Hansen born in 1736. Three weeks.
- Saying Zach Hansen when the vandalism said "Zach Dillon, Jarek Petras, and Austin Hansen". December 2007 to July 2009.
- Prince Albert Day, six days.
- Ever heard of "Aka Amir khosro Ahmadi"?  Probably not. Stayed for 17 months. And what's this about?
- Accidental page blanking stood for a year.
- Islamic flags were "pink blue and rainbow" for nearly 2 months. Which was nice.
- Married to a wanker from September 2008 to June 2009.
- A chef worked at "Noob's" for 19 months, from to
- Possibly Kosvinsky Mountain
- There was excrement on a talk page for 38 months, from to
- Wrong date of death for three years, until he actually died!
- 34 children for two years - then they all left at the same time.
- The Protestant Cruse family was made Jewish for two-and-a-half years, from the article's creation in to . Based on the false information on Wikipedia, family members were listed on an antisemitic website.
There are so many ways WP can fail.
Useful style guides etc.
I would like to be writing great articles, but actually I'm an inveterate "fixer" of anything that I see that looks wrong - mainly links and copyedits. I have spent some time on GFDLing about 3000 images, and on some specific articles, for example Spaghetti House siege and Pedro Lopez. I also migrated a fair few biographies from DNB.
-  was edit 750,000.
All my pages
See also User:Rich Farmbrough/temp index
In User talk
Redirect template categories contents?
Bits and bobs
Here's a nice stub.
|Multi-licensed with the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License versions 1.0 and 2.0|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license version 1.0 and version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|