Wikipedia talk:Highly Active Users
The table in the Europe section of HAU needs a little improving. I was going to fix up Caulde's (formerly Rudget) spot on the page and move him between Cameron and Charles Matthews
but since he is not an administrator anymore, I do not know what tasks he is participating in on Wikipedia during his former-admin stage (is he taking part in the same tasks as he was before being desysopped?). I am removing User:PeterSymonds from the list as he is retired (for now), and is also no longer a sysop. There are a few users who are less active since the time they have been added to the list. SchfiftyThree 17:08, 27 September 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed, when a user goes inactive, many may not remove themselves from the list so occasional cleanup may be required. I have seen some remove themselves, though. Useight (talk) 00:25, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
I like the idea of this page, as it facilitates communication and contact between editors. But, on the basis of contributions made over the past few months, about half of the editors listed don't seem to be "highly active". Is it possible to remove these less active people from the list? Johnfos (talk) 06:21, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm removing three editors who are no longer highly active. Johnfos (talk) 03:19, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
I was referred from Help Desk to the HAU Project page, but instructions there seem vague/un-purposed:
Should I pick one of the half dozen qualified HAUs on the chance s/he will be interested/knowledgeable in my issue? Should I edit the HAU Project or Discussion page with a question for some interested/knowledgeable HAU to respond? Is there another less intrusive procedure for broaching a problem that does not seem addressed elsewhere? Is there a way to make this process of asking for help more tyro friendly?
. (Perhaps a 'Page etiquette' button for this unusual page, with the more dreary details to orient a visitor like me. (126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:09, 23 December 2008 (UTC))
- The idea is that you contact one of the editors listed (that's why they have emails etc listed) and ask them for help. Hut 8.5 10:01, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Updated all the continents
- Sweet. Nice work. Useight (talk) 06:39, 16 January 2009 (UTC)
Should there be a section to indicate bureaucrat? It would be somewhat useful. OTOH, it's already very crowded and there are so few 'crats... The reason I bring it up is because I was going through the NA list and today and noticed Avraham on it. Enigmamsg 21:56, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps instead of "Yes" under admins, crats should say "'crat". –xeno (talk) 16:40, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
Study requesting your input
Hi, y'all...for those who aren't on the Wiki-en mailing list, there's a student requesting the opinions of editors of Wikipedia at the following survey link: 
confused - please help! map request
If you have worked with world maps before, please help! I want to make one. I am so confused and helpless in this part of wikipedia. I have been editing Muammar Gaddafi, and I want to put up a map of nations he's visited, warred with, tried to merge with. I have a list of nations, sourced, ready-to-go, but i don't know how to make the map. If you can help, I'm offering you a barnstar for your hard work. And please understand, Gaddafi's 40+ yrs in power have created an interesting list of nations. I think you'll find it exciting and intriguing when I share the list with you. Anyway, send me a message to my talk page and I'll send you the list of countries. I like the map of Nations visited by Pope John Paul II and I think it's a great example of what we can do. Again, thank you so much for your help!
P.S. I read the message above and I apologize. I've edited wikipedia for yrs and I still don't know who I can turn to for help.
Write article about Steven Julian Gara
Requesting that an article be written about Steven Julian Gara - why?
1) He is only son of Holocaust Survivors 2) Hungarian American origin 3) Works in Info Technology but is also a pro caliber musician/percussionist and has some original music 4) Is an active blogger on Business and Economic subjects 5) Has a Master's from Cornell University and has written several White Papers on various business subjects 6) Is also an Investor in Real Estate and some start up companies — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 00:33, 27 October 2011 (UTC)