William Stobb is an American poet.
His work has appeared in American Poetry Review, Colorado Review, American Literary Review, North Dakota Quarterly, Denver Quarterly.
His monthly column on poetry and poetics, “Hard to Say”, is podcast by miPOradio. He co-curated with David Krump, a monthly reading series at The Pump House Regional Arts Center for seven years. Stobb works as Associate Editor for Conduit.
- 1994 Academy of American Poets' Thomas McGrath Award
- 2000 Nevada Arts Council Poetry Fellowship
- 2006 National Poetry Series
- "Absentia"; "Natural History", The Offending Adam 001.2, 2010
- "In a Mountain Pasture "; "Some Purple"; "Release"; "In/and", Jacket 35, 2008
- "Pointless Channel"; "I Struggle to Live in Harmony / with the Forms", Pistol Magazine, March 7, 2008
- Artifact Eleven: Desert Poems. Reno: Black Rock. 2010. University of Nevada.
- Nervous Systems. Penguin Books. 2007. ISBN 978-0-14-311199-3.
- For Better Night Vision: Poems. Reno: Black Rock. 2001. University of Nevada.
- Forthcoming: Absentia. Penguin Books. 2011.