This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
McCall at 2013 Nova Rock Festival
|Birth name||Winston Thomas McCall|
6 September 1982 |
Byron Bay, New South Wales
|Labels||Resist, Burning Heart, Epitaph|
|Associated acts||Parkway Drive
Winston Thomas McCall (born 6 September 1982, Byron Bay, New South Wales) is an Australian singer-songwriter and the lead vocalist of the metalcore band Parkway Drive and the hardcore punk band Rain Dogs.
Parkway Drive have released five studio albums: Killing with a Smile (2005), Horizons (2007), Deep Blue (2010), Atlas (2012) and Ire (2015), whilst Rain Dogs, who he formed with ex-Comeback Kid bassist Kevin Call, released a demo in 2013.
During 2011, McCall provided guest vocals on The Warriors' album, See How You Are, for You Me at Six on the track, "Time is Money", from Sinners Never Sleep, and on Skyway's album Finders Keepers.
McCall is also featured on 'Departure (Death)' a song by In Hearts Wake off their 2012 album 'Divination'
In 2015, McCall was a guest vocalist on Thy Art is Murder's song Coffin Dragger
McCall's younger brother, Oscar McCall, is the lead singer of fellow metalcore group, 50 Lions. During February to March 2008 Parkway Drive undertook their Surf Rats Tour of Australia's east coast with 50 Lions supporting.
He was raised as a vegetarian and still is today. Growing up in Byron Bay, Australia, McCall's interests include surfing and bodyboarding. He has appeared on the cover of Riptide bodyboarding magazine. McCall has various tattoos around his body, including "BBHC" on his left arm, representing the Byron Bay Hardcore Cast he was a part of growing up with bands and Parkway Drive. He has tattoos by notable artists such as Dan Smith and Raichi Brains. He lives a straight edge lifestyle.
Winston McCall formed Parkway Drive in late 2002 with Luke Kilpatrick, Jeff Ling, Ben Gordon, and the first bassist Brett Versteeg. McCall has written lyrics on all Parkway releases, and has been the vocalist since the beginning of the band.
- You Me At Six enlist Bring Me The Horizon and Parkway Drive for new album, NME, 2011-06-08, archived from the original on 2011-06-08,
You Me At Six have revealed that Bring Me The Horizon's Oli Sykes and Parkway Drive frontman Winston McCall will sing on their new album.
- INTERVIEW: Parkway Drive's Winston McCall, MTV, 2013-11-06, archived from the original on 2014-01-12,
It's been 10 years since Aussie heavy metal band Parkway Drive left Byron Bay for the big time [...]
- "Winston McCall | Credits". Allmusic. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Skyway (2011), Finders Keepers, Shock Records. National Library of Australia, retrieved 17 January 2014
- "50 Lions Interviews". Kill Your Stereo. 12 October 2009. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Dib, Lisa (31 January 2008). "Parkway Drive 'Surf Rat' Tour". Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Parkway Drive - Interview with Winston McCall // PitCam". PitCam TV. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Winston McCall z Parkway Drive nám odpovídal na otázky!" (in Czech). Rock & Pop. 12 April 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Parkway Drive" (in German). HardHarderHeavy. 19 April 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Winston McCall Answers your questions: Pt. 1". V Hits. 18 October 2010. Archived from the original on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- interview with Alternative Press
- interview by AU Review
- Video on YouTube: Bryan Stars interviews McCall and Jeff Ling
- Winston McCall on IMDb
- 2012 interview by Australian Independent Record Labels Association
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Winston McCall.|
|This article on an Australian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|