Wisconsin Club for Growth
Wisconsin Club for Growth is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization based in Wisconsin. It financially supported Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker during the recall election in 2012. It had $8 million in revenue in 2012.
- Director, Eric O'Keefe
- Director and spokesman, R.J. Johnson who also worked on Walker's 2010 and 2012 campaigns
- Treasurer, Valerie Johnson, wife of R.J. Johnson.
These are among funds given:
- 2011, $4.2 million to Citizens for a Strong America Treasurer, Valerie Johnson, and director, John Connors.
- $450,000 to the Austin, Texas-based Alliance for Self-Governance, an inactive tax-exempt operation launched by Wisconsin Club for Growth director Eric O’Keefe.
- $250,000 to the Washington, D.C.-based voucher group American Federation for Children
- $2.9 million to the political arm of the Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce
These are among donations received:
- 1,500,000 dollars from John Menard Jr.
- 1,000,000 dollars from Stephen Cohen, the founder of SAC Capitol Advisors
- 700,000 dollars from Gogebic Taconite LLC, owned by Chris Cline
- 250,000 dollars fromQ hedge fund CEO Paul Singer
- 100,000 dollars from manufacturer Maclean-Fogg Co
- 50,000 dollars donation from Atlanticus Holdings CEO David Hanna's trust
- 50,000 dollars from hedge fund chairman Bruce Kovner
- $50,000 from natural gas and oil producer Devon Energy
- $15,000 from Home Depot co-founder Ken Langone and
- $15,000 from Donald Trump
- 50,000 dollars from Richard Colburn, vice-president of Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- 25,000 dollars from Keith Colburn, president of Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- Club for Growth
- 2011 Wisconsin protests
- 2011 Wisconsin Act 10
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Dark money
- Money loop
- DeFour, Matthew (October 28, 2014). "Complaint: Wisconsin Club for Growth violated IRS rules". Wisconsin State Journal. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Also from Lisa Kaiser. "Who Was Wisconsin Club for Growth's $1 Million Donor?". Shepherd Express. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "Prosecutor in Scott Walker Probe Asks Justices to Recuse". PR Watch. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- "Secret $1.5M donation from Wisconsin billionaire Menard uncovered in Scott Walker dark-money probe - Milwaukee - Milwaukee Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2015-07-05.
- Marley, Patrick (2014-08-22). "Walker wanted funds funneled to Wisconsin Club for Growth". Jsonline.com. Retrieved 2015-07-05.