|Presented by||Lorraine Keane (2007-2009)
Karen Koster (2007-)
Aisling O'Loughlin (2007-2016)
Lisa Cannon (2007-2016)
Sybil Mulcahy (2007-2009)
Glenda Gilson (2008-)
Sean Munsanje (2009-2010)
Kirsteen O'Sullivan (2011)
Michelle Doherty (2013-2014)
Peter O'Riordan (2014-2016 )
Cassie Stokes (2016-)
Ruth O'Neill (2016-2017)
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|Running time||22 minutes (2007-2014)
45 minutes (2014- )
|Original release||April 2007 – present|
|Preceded by||TV3 News @6:30|
|Related shows||Ireland AM, Midday, Late Lunch Live, TV3 News|
Xposé is an Irish entertainment, fashion and beauty programme, broadcast weekday evenings on TV3, and 3e (TV3's sister channel). It originally ran for 30 minutes with advertising; starting from 8 September 2014 it is broadcast for 60 minutes with advertising. From September 5, 2016 the show returned to a 30-minute edition.
History and format
The show was first broadcast on 16 April 2007, at 6pm, with an initial budget of €600,000. TV3 News @ 6.30 was axed, in order to make room in the schedule for the show, with Hollyoaks moving to 6.30 before it was later axed and replaced with Friends. Lorraine Keane's entertainment update on TV3 News broadcasts was also removed.
The show's format is similar to that of American celebrity news and gossip programmes, such as E! News and Entertainment Tonight, covering events and celebrities in the entertainment industry. It is produced in-house by TV3 with a team of reporters conducting the interviews and attending various events. On rare occasions guests may appear in the studio. Xposé primarily focuses on celebrity life in Ireland and around the world. Reporters cover home events including top awards ceremonies, film premieres, rock and pop concerts, fashion shows and interviews with Irish and international stars.
Regular segments on the show included the "Daily Dish" (a look at the major celebrity news stories), make-up tips with Jemma Kidd and Fashion Police. Each episode finishes by playing a music video. Mobile phone company 3 Ireland have sponsored the show since it first went on air. On 27 April 2009, the first week following Lorraine Keane's departure from the show, it opened with a new graphical set using a greenscreen this provided a number of additional virtual screens behind the presenter in the studio, this replaced the physical set and screens between 2007 and 2009.
On September 8, 2014 Xposé was extended to one hour. The show received a new studio and graphics revamp and broadcasts from its new purposely built studio at the Sony HD Studios in Dublin. From September 5, 2016 the show will return to a 30-minute edition.
On December 16, 2016 TV3 announced a major revamp of their schedule. It was announced that Xposé would be shown three nights a week on TV3 and feature two nights a week on sister channel, 3e. This will come into effect from January 2017.
The presenting team originally consisted of Lorraine Keane in the studio with Karen Koster, Aisling O'Loughlin, Lisa Cannon and Sybil Mulcachy as reporters. During 2008 Mulcahy left the show for a six months for maternity leave. She was replaced by Glenda Gilson. Following the return of Mulcahy, TV3 bosses announced plans to continue with six presenters. In early April 2009, however, it was announced that Mulcahy was leaving the show to present a new morning chatshow titled The Morning Show.
On 21 April 2009, it was announced that the main presenter of the show Lorraine Keane was to leave the series. Media outlets stated that Keane had disagreed with TV3 management on the future direction of the show. Both Keane and TV3 refuted this. She did criticise the decision to remove her image from the TV3 website almost immediately after her resignation. On Friday 24 April 2009, she presented her final episode.
From 27 April 2009, Karen Koster has been the main presenter in the studio. She is usually joined by another presenter in the studio for the "Daily Dish" segment. Glenda Gilson or Lisa Cannon usually rotate the job of the "Daily Dish" while Aisling O' Loughlin presents it occasionally. During May 2009 Aisling O'Loughlin presented the main show in different parts of Ireland.
In August 2016, it was confirmed by the TV3 Group three presenters were axed from the show including long-term presenters Lisa Cannon and Aisling O'Loughlin and Peter O'Riordan who joined the show in 2014.
In June 2009, TV3 launched the reality television series Total Xposure which auditioned aspiring presenters to replace Lorraine Keane on the show. The finalists faced the team of Michael O'Doherty, Emma Ledden and Gerry Lundberg on the judging panel. Over the course of the show, the contestants completed a number of tasks relating to potentially joining the Xposé team. The first hour-long show aired on 30 June and ran for eight consecutive weeks. Sean Munsanje won the show on 18 August.
- "TV3 tempts RTÉ viewers with juicy gossip slot". Irish Independent. 16 March 2007. Retrieved 16 March 2007.
- "3 Ireland sponsors gossip show Xpose". Telecom Paper. 13 April 2007. Retrieved 13 April 2007.
- Kelly, Aoife (1 February 2016). "TV3 defends Xpose viewership figures as ratings war with UTV rival The Pulse heats up". Irish Independent. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "TV3 Media Room" Archived 11 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine..
- "3 GLENDA GILSON JOINS XPOSÉ!". TV3. 2008. Archived from the original on 11 March 2008. Retrieved 2008. Check date values in:
- Heffernan, Breda (9 April 2009). "TV3 aims for morning magic with new chat show couple". Irish Independent. Retrieved 9 April 2009.
- "Keane announces she's leaving Xposé". Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 21 April 2009. Retrieved 21 April 2009.
- Finn, Melanie; Nolan, Lorna (23 April 2009). "Lorraine: Countdown to unfolding of Xpose drama". Evening Herald. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- Taylor, Richie (23 April 2009). "I did not storm out of show, insists Keane". Irish Independent. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- "Sean Munsanje is leaving Xposé". TV3 News and Information. 5 July 2010. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2010.
- "New Xposé presenter unveiled". RTÉ Ten. Raidió Teilifís Éireann. 24 November 2011. Archived from the original on 25 November 2011. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Cassie Stokes announced as the new member of the Xposé team!". 14 April 2016.
- "Judging Panel for Total Exposure announced". IFTN. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 4 June 2009.
- Molony, Julia (3 May 2009). "The Fame game". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 3 May 2009.