|Initial release||May 23, 2012|
|Type||Browser extension, mobile browser|
The browser made its public debut on May 23, 2012.
On June 28, 2013, Yahoo announced the discontinuation of the Axis.
Axis replaces the standard search results page in other browsers with a menu of search results appearing as thumbnails at the top of the page. The menu allows the user to stay on the current page without navigating away from it.
Desktop browser extension
- Google Chrome (all versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 7 and higher)
- Internet Explorer (version 9 and higher)
- Apple Safari (version 5 and higher)
- Yahoo seeks to shake up search, Web browsing, MICHAEL LIEDTKE, Associated Press
- Todd Bishop (23 May 2012). "A web browser from Yahoo? ‘Axis’ makes surprise debut". GeekWire. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- Chirgwin, Richard (24 May 2012). "Yahoo leaks! private! key! in! Axis! Chrome! debut!". The Register. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Rossiter, Jay (28 June 2013). "Keeping our Focus on What’s Next". Yahoo Tumblr Blog. Yahoo. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- Rafe Needleman (23 May 2012). "Here comes Yahoo's own Web browser -- Axis". CNET. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "What is Yahoo Axis?". Yahoo. Retrieved 4 June 2012.