Yard (Portland, Oregon)
The building in April 2016
|Town or city||Portland, Oregon|
|Height||206 feet (63 m)|
Yard is a 21-story, 206-foot (63 m)-tall apartment building built at the Burnside Bridgehead in Portland, Oregon's Kerns neighborhood, in the United States. It was designed by Skylab Architecture for Key Development Co. of Hood River and Guardian Real Estate Services of Portland.
The Portland Development Commission started buying land at the east end of the Burnside Bridge about 2000 for a redevelopment project, eventually spending $11 million. Plans were first submitted to develop the property in 2006, but eventually the project was delayed due to the Great Recession. Construction began in October 2014 on what was estimated to be a $58 million project. The building topped out in January 2016 with a ceremony attended by Congressman Earl Blumenauer.
Yard includes 21 above ground floors. The 206-foot (63 m)-tall concrete and glass high rise was designed by Skylab Architecture. It is a mixed-use development with ground floor retail and 284 apartments. The sixth through eighth floors are set aside for working-class studio appartments, available through a lottery process. The building was met with criticism for allowing marketplaces such as Vacasa to rent out the entire 11th floor as short term rentals, without having applied for a change of occupancy permit for the "de facto hotel."
- "Yard, 21-story building at Burnside Bridgehead, begins to take shape (photos, video)". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "Portland misses 'unfortunate' design change to 21-story tower at Burnside Bridgehead". OregonLive.com. 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "21-story tower, now called Yard, under construction at Burnside Bridgehead". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- Redden, Jim (January 27, 2015). "Burnside Bridgehead finally taking shape". Portland Tribune. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- King, Shelby (October 20, 2014). "Permits issued for Burnside bridgehead project". Daily Journal of Commerce. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- Bell, Jon (January 22, 2016). "Burnside Bridgehead apartments top out on way to completion". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "Yard". Emporis. Emporis GMBH. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Monahan, Rachel (20 September 2016). "The Entire 11th Floor of Portland's Yard High-Rise is Being Rented Out By the Night". Willamette Week. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Portland's 'dazzling' Yard wins national landscape award". Daily Journal of Commerce. 12 September 2018. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- Media related to Yard (Portland, Oregon) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a building or structure in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|