Location of Yenice within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Veysel Acar (AKP)|
|• District||1,416.79 km2 (547.03 sq mi)|
|Elevation||255 m (837 ft)|
|• District density||25/km2 (64/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Yenice is a town and district of Çanakkale Province in the Marmara region of Turkey. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 35,796 of which 6,903 live in the town of Yenice. The district covers an area of 1,417 km2 (547 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 255 m (837 ft).
People's basic occupation is agricultural work. Cereals, beans, tomatoes and tobacco are grown. There is a tomato paste processing plant in Yenice. Important towns in the district include: Kalkım, Hamdibey and Pazarköy.
Tourism is a relatively new component of Yenice's economy; however, wild boar hunting is becoming popular as a tourist attraction.
Notable people from Yenice
İbrahim Bodur(entrepreneur) Nuri Bilge Ceylan (director)
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Archived from the original on 2010-05-26. Retrieved 19 April 2009.
- "Today In Earthquake History:March 18". United States Geological Survey. 16 July 2008. Archived from the original on 24 May 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Kürçer, Akın (2008) "The Yenice–Gönen active fault (NW Turkey): Active tectonics and palaeoseismology" Tectonophysics 453: pp. 263–275
- "Başmakçı Kültür (Bashmakchi Culture)", in Turkish
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Yenice, Turkey". Retrieved 19 April 2009.
- Road map of Yenice and environs
- Various images of Yenice, Çanakkale
- Photo of Yenice, Çanakkale, Pamoramio
- About Çanakkale
|This article about a Marmara Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|