Visser at the 2010 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
|Birth name||Anri du Toit|
|Also known as||Yo-Landi Visser
Anica The Snuffling
3 March 1984 |
Port Alfred, Eastern Cape, South Africa
|Genres||Alternative hip hop, rave, electronic, zef|
|Labels||Zef Recordz, Cherrytree, Polydor, Rhythm Records|
The Constructus Corporation
Anri du Toit (born 1 December 1984), better known by her stage name Yolandi Visser (stylized as ¥o-landi Vi$$er), is best known as a vocalist in the South African rap-rave group Die Antwoord.
Yolandi was a part of the music and art groups The Constructus Corporation and MaxNormal.tv. The former was a project that produced a concept album/graphic novel while the latter was a South African 'corporate' hip-hop group in which Yolandi's role was portraying Max Normal's personal assistant. She appeared in several of their music/art videos.
Die Antwoord is a rap-rave group consisting of Yolandi Visser, Ninja (Watkin Tudor Jones) and DJ Hi-Tek (Justin de Nobrega). Visser cites Nirvana, PJ Harvey, Nine Inch Nails, Cypress Hill, Eminem, Marilyn Manson and Aphex Twin as musical influences.
Visser co-starred with Ninja in the 2015 film Chappie, directed by Neill Blomkamp, a fellow South African. Yolandi and Ninja also starred in a short film called Umshini Wam directed by Harmony Korine and released in 2011.
- The Ziggurat (2003)
- With MaxNormal.TV
- Rap Made Easy (2007)
- Good Morning South Africa (2008)
- With Die Antwoord
- "Anything But Normal". September 9, 2008. Archived from the original on March 21, 2010.
- "The Constructus Corporation". Discogs.
- Yolandi. "Yolandi Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- Jones, Michelle (February 13, 2012). "Band have the answer to secret of success". IOL. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- Ryder, Caroline. "Yolandi Visser: dark star". Dazed. Retrieved 2015-03-18.
- Who the Hell Are Die Antwoord?, Pitchfork Media
- 24 Facts: Die Antwoord, Channel24
- Ziggurat - African Dope Records
- S.African Afrikaans rappers takes Internet by storm Reuters. Accessed 10:20, 6 February 2010 (UTC).
- Coetzer, Diane (2012-01-31). "Chappie". BD (Bloody Disgusting). p. 1. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Coetzer, Diane (2012-01-31). "Die Antwoord: The Rolling Stone Interview". Rolling Stone Magazine (South African Edition) (Rolling Stone). p. 1. Retrieved 2012-02-07.
- Ryder, Caroline (2015-02-26). "Yo-landi Visser: dark star". Dazed Digital (Dazed Digital). p. 1. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- Yolandi Visser at the Internet Movie Database
- Yolandi Visser Discography at discogs.com
- The Constructus Corporation Discography at discogs.com
- Die Antwoord site
- Die Antwoord before they were Die Antwoord
- Zef Recordz