||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Visser in April 2010
|Birth name||Anri du Toit|
|Also known as||Yo-Landi Vi$$er|
Anri du Toit (born 1 December), known by her stage name Yolandi Visser – stylized as ¥o-landi Vi$$er – is best known as a vocalist in the South African Rap/Rave/Zef group Die Antwoord. Visser is also an actress, starring in the 2015 film Chappie and the short film "Umshini Wam"; both films co-starred Ninja, Visser's former partner and current band mate. Under her birth-name, she made another short film named "Picnic".
Visser was a part of the music and art groups The Constructus Corporation and MaxNormal.tv. The former was a project that produced a concept album/graphic novel while the latter was a South African 'corporate' hip-hop group in which Yolandi's role was portraying Max Normal's personal assistant. She appeared in several of their music/art videos.
- The Ziggurat (2003)
- Rap Made Easy (2007)
- Good Morning South Africa (2008)
With Die Antwoord
- $O$ (2009)
- 5 (2010)
- TEN$ION (2012)
- Donker Mag (2014)
- Chappie (2015)
- Suck on This (2016)
- Mount Ninji and Da Nice Time Kid (2016)
Yolandi Visser has a daughter with her bandmate and former partner Watkin Tudor Jones.
- Yolandi Visser [prawn_star] (March 3, 2015). "YO its NOT my bday- my Bday is on da 1st of December.". Instagram.
- Daryl Keating (2016-09-12). "Die Antwoord: The Complete Interview". Exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- Graeme Virtue. "Die Antwoord review – South African rap-rave crew play it to the hilt | Music". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- Chris Payne (2015-03-03). "Drake Called Homophobic Slur by Die Antwoord". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "Meet Sixteen, The Daugther [sic] Of Ninja And Yolani Vi$$er – 2oceansvibe.com". Retrieved 2016-05-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yolandi Visser.|