Your World with Neil Cavuto
|Your World with Neil Cavuto|
|Genre||Business News/Talk program|
|Presented by||Neil Cavuto|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location(s)||New York City|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Fox News Channel|
|Picture format||480i NTSC (SD), 720p (HD)|
|Original release||October 7, 1996 – present|
Your World with Neil Cavuto (written on-air as Your World Cavuto), which debuted as the Cavuto Business Report on the network's launch in 1996, is an American news and business television program appearing on Fox News Channel (FNC).
The nightly business wrap seen on most Fox Television Stations late newscasts is also under the Your World branding.
About the program
Hosted by Neil Cavuto, FNC's business news vice president, the program covers the latest breaking news and business stories of the day, in addition to giving analysis on how the stock market moved through the day. It also covers political stories, such as how political actions may affect the markets, in addition to analysis of the markets by a group of analysts from one of the Cost of Freedom business block programs.
Closing the program, the show has a commentary segment called "Common Sense", in which Neil gives his point of view on a news story of the day.
The program is broadcast live weekdays at 4pm ET.
Your World began broadcasting in 720p HD September 28, 2009. This HD conversion was part of FNC's network-wide switch to a 16:9 widescreen format on that day. Also on September 28, 2009, this program (which was one of the last existing weekday programs to convert to HD) debuted a new on-air look, along with new graphics and a then-new program logo.
Cost of Freedom Analysis
Every day, a segment of the show is dedicated to having analysis from one of the many different weekend Cost of Freedom business-block shows on the Fox News Channel. This may include people from, but not be limited to:
Bulls & Bears
- Gary B. Smith, Exemplar Capital managing partner
- Tobin Smith, ChangeWave Research editor
- Scott Bleier, HybridInvestors.com president
- Pat Dorsey, Morningstar.com director of stock research
Cavuto on Business
- Ben Stein, author and TV personality
- Jim Rogers, author of Hot Commodities and co-founder of the Quantum Fund
- Gregg Hymowitz, Entrust Capital founder
- Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric (Welch is not a regular analyst but his guest appearances are exclusive to this show)
- Dagen McDowell, Fox Business Network anchor and correspondent
- Jared A Levy, author, TV personality, Managing Partner at Belpointe
- Charles Payne, host of Making Money with Charles Payne on the Fox Business Network
Forbes on Fox
- Neil Weinberg, Forbes senior editor
- Liz MacDonald, Forbes senior editor and Fox Business Network contributor
- Jim Michaels, Forbes editorial vice president
- Quentin Hardy, Forbes Silicon Valley bureau chief
- Steve Forbes, Forbes editor-in-chief
- John Rutledge, Forbes contributor
- Victoria Barret, Forbes associate editor
- Bill Baldwin, Forbes editor
- Mike Ozanian, Forbes editor
- Lea Goldman, Forbes editor
- Wayne Rogers, Wayne Rogers & Company (and former actor)
- Jonathan Hoenig, Capitialist Hedge Fund LLC (and outspoken supporter of pro-capitalism views)
- Jonas Max Ferris, MAXfunds.com
Rotating Guest Analysts
- Danielle Hughes, Divine Capital Markets president
- Tom Adkins, RE/MAX Fairlawn agent and former head of Common Conservatives
- Charles Payne, CEO of Wall Street Strategies
- Meredith Whitney, executive director at CIBC World Markets
- John "Bradshaw" Layfield, WWE personality and noted successful stock-market investor
- Bob Froehlich, chairman of Investor Strategy at Scudder Investments
- Gary Kaltbaum, president of Kaltbaum & Associates
- Steve Malzberg, Syndicated Radio Host
- Chris Lahiji, President of DailyTrends.com
Paul Krugman writing in the New York Times used Cavuto as an example of a new breed of news anchor for whom "the formal rules and the codes of ethics that formerly prevented blatant partisanship are gone or ignored."
Tobin Smith's severe conflicts of interest have been exposed in an investigative article by Think Finance, where stocks named on air and in Changewave's site were latter connected to Cornell Capital Partners, who was also the main financing party behind a company that named Tobin Smith as CIO (Turnaround Partners, Inc).
- Official website
- Your World with Neil Cavuto on IMDb
- Your World with Neil Cavuto at the Wayback Machine (archived July 26, 2001)
Shepard Smith Reporting
|Fox News Channel
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The Fox News Specialists