|Birth name||Yuji Adachi (足立祐二)|
|Also known as||You|
March 10, 1964 |
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, guitarist, songwriter, music instructor|
|Associated acts||Dead End, Terra Rosa|
Yuji Adachi (足立祐二 Adachi Yūji, born March 10, 1964, in Osaka, Japan), known as You, is a Japanese musician and songwriter, best known as the guitarist of the influential heavy metal band Dead End. He also runs a guitar school.
In 1982, You was a member of Terra Rosa and a year later of Jesus, before joining Dead End in 1986, in the year of bands's debut studio album Dead Line, released by independent record label Night Gallery. As the band being a quartet he was the only guitarist, and became the main songwriter. Three more major studio albums were released until 1989, when Dead End disbanded in 1990. He formed the short-lived band Goatcore with Color bassist Marry. You later has also worked with Ryuichi Kawamura (from Luna Sea), Nami Tamaki and Cozy Murakami among others and released two solo albums. In 2009, Dead End reunited and since then were released two studio albums.
- Psychical Island (September 21, 1990)
- You's Alien (August 24, 2005)
- Maniac Love Station (April 3, 2013)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)
YOU has about 50 guitars at home:
– Fender Stratocaster – Fernandes Stratocaster – Flying V – Washburn 12 Strings Acoustic
- "伝説のロックバンド・DEAD END、20年ぶりに復活" (in Japanese). Oricon. July 3, 2009. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "New Dead End Album: METAMORPHOSIS". J-Pop World. October 21, 2009. Archived from the original on April 2, 2012. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- "YOU: I think I have something like 50 guitars at home. I love all the signature models I made." (Dead End Facebook)