Zero Emission Resource Organisation
|Espen Espeset (Chairman)|
Marius Holm (Director)
Number of employees
Zero Emission Resource Organisation or ZERO is a Norwegian environmental organisation that was founded in 2002 to work on the reduction of greenhouse gases, primarily in Norway. The philosophy of the organisation is that if new facilities are made emission-free, then when existing plants and methods are phased out due to old age, society is left with emission-free facilities. The primary working areas include CO
2 disposal, renewable energy, especially wind power, and new transportation fuels, including hydrogen and biofuel. ZERO is organised as foundation and was started by former activists and employees of Natur og Ungdom and Bellona. Funding sources include industrial associations and companies. ZERO is led by Marius Holm (director) and Erik Espeset (chairman).
ZERO promotes new technology that enables emission-free energy solutions without harming the environment. Important issues are electric cars and chargers, carbon capture and storage (CCS), renewable energy, electrification of offshore installations, climate friendly construction and buildings and fossile free plastic. It also promotes biofuel as an alternative to fossil fuels.
ZERO worked to establish an electricity certificate scheme to promote renewable energy in Norway and Sweden. The organisation also supported Hynor—A chain of hydrogen fuel stations that would span the South Coast from Oslo to Stavanger. It promotes CO2-capture and storage from industrial plants and other industrial emission reductions  and is a supporter of windmills.
ZERO produces knowledge-based reports, writes op-eds and comments in the media and arranges various meetings, seminars and conferences.
The Zero conference
The biggest event is the annual ZERO conference (Zero-konferansen), that takes place in Oslo, Norway every november. The conference, established in 2006, is the largest climate conference in Norway with more than 1000 attendants. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kofi Annan, Jens Stoltenberg, Chelsea Clinton and former chairman of the IPCC Rajendra K. Pachauri have all been speakers at the conference.
- ZERO (2008-01-18). "Om ZERO" (in Norwegian).
- ZERO (2008-01-15). "Zero Emission Resource Organisation".
- Teknisk Ukeblad (2008-06-11). "-Biodrivstoff skulle aldri vært på markedet" (in Norwegian).
- Energy, Ministry of Petroleum and (2012-12-14). "Electricity certificates". Government.no. Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- Teknisk Ukeblad (2007-12-18). "Hydrogenveien" (in Norwegian).
- ZERO (2006-03-30). "Horfor hydrogen?" (in Norwegian).
- Stavanger Aftenblad (2008-05-31). "-Lett å kutte 6 mill. tonn CO
2" (in Norwegian).
- Stavanger Aftenblad (2008-06-06). "Reagerer på vindmøllvern" (in Norwegian).
- "Våre støttespillere - ZERO". ZERO (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Tag-Arkiver Zerokonferansen". blogg.zero.no (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 2017-04-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zero Emission Resource Organisation.|