This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)
|Founder||Dr. Shun-I Chu|
|Headquarters||Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan|
|Shun-I Chu (Founder, Chairman of Unizyx)
Gordon Yang (Chairman) Karsten Gewecke (President)Denise Lin (Chief Operation Officer)
|Products||5G NR/4G LTE Fixed Wireless Access CPE, DSL CPE, firewalls, VoIP telephones, modems, mesh networking equipment|
Number of employees
|651 (as of December 31, 2021)|
|Parent||Unizyx Holding Corporation|
Zyxel Communications Corporation, a subsidiary of Unizyx Holding Corporation (TWSE: 3704), is a Taiwanese multinational broadband access solutions provider headquartered in the Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan. With three research centers, four regional headquarters, and 35 branch offices located across the major continents, Zyxel Communications has established an internationally recognized reputation and extended businesses to 150 markets around the world.
Founded in 1989 by Dr. Shun-I Chu, Zyxel Communications has focused its business strategy on delivering comprehensive, reliable, and future-proof broadband access solutions to leading international Internet Service Providers (ISP). The company offers a comprehensive portfolio of mobile and fixed-line broadband access products and end-to-end solutions incorporating the latest technologies, including 5G NR, WiFi 6, and 10G fiber. In 2020, Zyxel Communications launched WiFi 6 and 5G flagship products ahead of the competition and were adopted by leading Nordic service providers.
- 1988 – Zyxel founder, Dr. Shun-I Chu, starts the business in Taoyuan County, Taiwan in 1988. Dr. Chu rents an apartment in Taoyuan as a lab and starts to develop an analog modem in 1988
- 1989 – Headquarters established at Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan in 1989
- 1992 – Launches world's 1st Integrated voice/fax/modem
- 1995 – World's 1st Analog/digital ISDN modem
- 2004 – World's 1st ADSL2+ gateway
- 2005 – World's 1st palm-sized portable personal firewall
- 2009 – World's 1st Gigabit active fiber & Telco-grade IPv6 end to end solution
- 2010 – World's 1st Carbon footprint verification on the VDSL2 CPE product
- 2014 – World's 1st UMTS 802.11ac compatible small cell CPE
- 2016 – Garners 14th Consecutive Best Taiwan Global Brands Award
- 2017 – Keenetic has been separated into an independent company for the SOHO and consumer markets
- 2019 – Zyxel Networks spun off from Zyxel Communications Corp.
Origin of name
Zyxel is pronounced “zai-cell.”
- List of companies of Taiwan
- List of networking hardware vendors
- ZyNOS, an operating system used for Zyxel networking devices
- "Zyxel wins Taiwan top 20 global brands recognition". Dataquest. 2 December 2016.
- "Company Overview". Zyxel. Retrieved 2022-03-17.
- De Jong, David. 'ZyXEL Armor Z2 review: hard to beat on the higher frequencies' 7 February 2018. , archived 2019-08-29 from the original page: https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/7850/zyxel-armor-z2-review-hard-to-beat-on-the-higher-frequencies