|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||170s 180s 190s – 200s – 210s 220s 230s|
|Years:||197 198 199 – 200 – 201 202 203|
|200 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||953|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —庚辰年十一月初八日
|- Vikram Samvat||256–257|
|- Shaka Samvat||122–123|
|- Kali Yuga||3301–3302|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||-800–-799|
|Iranian calendar||422 BP – 421 BP|
|Islamic calendar||435 BH – 434 BH|
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||200 CC|
|Minguo calendar||1712 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||743|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 200|
Year 200 (CC) was a leap year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Severus and Victorinus (or, less frequently, year 953 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 200 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
By place 
- Human population reaches about 257 million.
Roman Empire 
- Emperor Septimius Severus visits Syria, Palestine and Arabia.
- Palestine, benefiting from the benevolent policies of Severus, sees a significant economic revival.
- The province of Numidia is taken from the African proconsul and made an Imperial province.
- Chinese warlord Cao Cao defeats Yuan Shao in the battle of Guandu.
- In Japan, Himiko, whose capital is situated in Yamatai, extends her authority over a number of clans.
- Empress Jingu sends a Japanese fleet to invade Korea. The Koreans capitulate at the sight of the huge multi-oared ships and offer tribute.
- The Classic Age of Maya civilization begins (around this year).
- The Paracas culture in the Andes comes to an end (around this year).
By topic 
- Septimius Severus, Julia Domna and their children, Publius Septimius Geta and Caracalla, from Fayum, Egypt, is made. It is now kept at Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Antikensammlung.
- Jewish Eretz Yisraeli scholar Judah ha-Nasi compiles tracts of the Mishnah, beginning the creation of Talmudic law.
- Clement of Alexandria denounces the use of musical instruments to support human voices in Christian music.
- Brahmanism evolves into Hinduism (approximate date).
- Fei Yi, an official of Shu Han (approximate date) (d. 253)
- Ma Jun (d. 265)
- Wang Ling, general of Wei (d. 250)
- Sun Shao, general of Wu (d. 242)
- Zhou Fang, general of Wu (d. 240)
- Diophantus, Greek mathematician
- Marcus Claudius Tacitus, Roman Emperor (d. 276)
- Valerian I, Roman Emperor
- Chunyu Qiong (executed by Yuan Shao)
- Dong Cheng (executed by Cao Cao)
- Gan Ji, Taoist priest
- Han Juzi, general under Yuan Shao
- Ji Ping (executed by Cao Cao)
- Ju Shou (officer of Yuan Shao)
- Lü Weihuang
- Sui Yuanjin
- Sun Ce, 25, elder brother of the founder of Wu Kingdom, Sun Quan (b. 175)
- Tian Feng (executed by Yuan Shao)
- Wen Chou, general under Yuan Shao
- Xu Gong
- Yan Liang, general under Yuan Shao
- Zheng Xuan (b. 127)