|Centuries:||6th century – 7th century – 8th century|
|Decades:||580s 590s 600s – 610s – 620s 630s 640s|
|Years:||609 610 611 – 612 – 613 614 615|
|612 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1365|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1232 – −1231|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||辛未年 (Metal Goat)
3308 or 3248
— to —
壬申年 (Water Monkey)
3309 or 3249
|- Vikram Samvat||668–669|
|- Shaka Samvat||534–535|
|- Kali Yuga||3713–3714|
|Igbo calendar||−388 – −387|
|Iranian calendar||10 BP – 9 BP|
|Islamic calendar||10 BH – 9 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1300 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1155|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 612.|
Year 612 (DCXII) was a leap year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 612 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- August 13 – Empress Eudokia, wife of Heraclius, dies of epilepsy. She leaves two children, and is buried in the Church of the Holy Apostles in Constantinople.
- King Theudebert II is defeated by his brother Theuderic II at Toul (north-eastern France). He is captured in battle and after taking his royal paraphernalia, is hand over to his grandmother Brunhilda. He is put in a monastery, and assassinated with his son Merovech. Theuderic, age 25, becomes sole ruler of Austrasia and Burgundy.
- Sisebut succeeds Gundemar as king of the Visigoths. He begins a campaign against the remains of Byzantine power in Spania.
- Goguryeo–Sui War: Emperor Yángdi invades Goguryeo (Korea) with an expeditionary force of over one million men named the "24 Armies".
- Battle of Salsu: A Sui force of 305,000 men is defeated by the Korean general Eulji Mundeok at the Yalu River, only 2,700 troops survive.
- October 22 – Sak K'uk' succeeds her father Aj Ne' Yohl Mat as queen of the Maya state of Palenque (modern Mexico).
- Columbanus moves to Italy and establishes the monastery of Bobbio (approximate date).
- The Holy Sponge is brought to Constantinople from Palestine.
- Arnulf, counselor of Theudebert II, becomes bishop of Metz.
- Gallus founds the monastery of St. Gallen (Switserland).
- Aisha, wife of Muhammad (d. 678)
- May 3 – Constantine III, Byzantine emperor (d. 641)
- Germanus of Granfelden, Frankish abbot (approximate date)
- Oswiu, king of Northumbria (approximate date)
- Aj Ne' Yohl Mat, king of Palenque
- Bertha, wife of Æthelberht of Kent
- Eudokia, Byzantine empress
- Gundemar, king of the Visigoths
- Janaab' Pakal, king of Palenque
- Theudebert II, king of Austrasia (b. 586)
- Roger Collins, "Visigothic Spain 409–711", (Blackwell Publishing, 2004), p. 75
- KBS World
- Association for Asia Research- The forgotten glory of Koguryo