From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 830. For the number, see 830 (number).
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||800s 810s 820s – 830s – 840s 850s 860s|
|Years:||827 828 829 – 830 – 831 832 833|
|830 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1583|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
3526 or 3466
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
3527 or 3467
|- Vikram Samvat||886–887|
|- Shaka Samvat||752–753|
|- Kali Yuga||3931–3932|
|Japanese calendar||Tenchō 7
|Minguo calendar||1082 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1141/1142 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1372–1373|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 830.|
- Borobodur is completed as a Buddhist monument, after about 50 years of work.
- Nandivarman III defeats the Pandyans at the Battle of Tellaru.
- Earliest date of composition for the Historia Brittonum, attributed to Nennius, and known for its list of 12 battles of King Arthur.
- Egbert of Wessex defeats the Welsh.
- Christian missionary Ansgar visits Birka, trade city of the Swedes.
- Emperor Kōkō, emperor of Japan (d. 887)
- Carloman, King of Bavaria (d. 880)
- Junayd of Baghdad (d. 910)
- Dae Ijin, king of Korean-Manchurian kingdom of Balhae (d. 857)
- January 29 – Ashot I, the first Georgian ruler of the Bagratid dynasty
- Saint Glastian, mediator between Scots and Picts
- "Al-Qayrawan hospital, Tunisia in 830". Retrieved 8 November 2011.