|Directed by||Ashok Ahuja|
|Produced by||Ashok Ahuja|
|Written by||Ashok Ahuja|
K. K. Raina
|Music by||Uttam Singh|
|Edited by||Renu Saluja|
|Running time||154 min|
The film won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie and the Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director.
The film is about Ajay (Naseeruddin Shah), a young filmmaker, hoping to direct his first film. He has just got married, and he shares his hopes with his wife Asha (Anita Kanwar). Asha works as a teacher to support them while Ajay take on other work, but always hoping to make his film. Aadharshila portrays the struggles of young people - especially graduates of the Film and Television Institute of India - to find a foothold in the Indian film industry. The film ends with the completion of the film-within-a-film.
The film has an ensemble cast - almost a who's who of the parallel cinema in India. Except for Naseeruddin Shah, for most of the others it was their first film, even though other films may have been released earlier.
- Directed by—Ashok Ahuja
- Written by—Ashok Ahuja
- Music -- Uttam Singh
- Cinematography—Sharad Navel
- Editing -- Renu Saluja
- Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie
- Indira Gandhi Award for Best First Film of a Director
- Film Ducat, International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg 
- "29th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "Films in 1982: 31st International Film Week Mannheim 04 - 09 October 1982". International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|