Place to Place
|Place to Place|
Title card from the 2012 anime series
|Genre||Romantic comedy, Slice of life|
|Magazine||Manga Time Kirara|
|Original run||2006 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Fumitoshi Oizaki|
|English network||Anime Network|
|Original run||April 5, 2012 – June 28, 2012|
|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Fumitoshi Oizaki|
|Released||November 16, 2012|
Place to Place (あっちこっち Atchi Kotchi?, or Acchi Kocchi) is a Japanese yonkoma manga series by Ishiki which began serialisation in Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara magazine from 2006. An anime adaptation by AIC aired on TBS between April and June 2012.
The serious-minded Io and the pure-hearted Tsumiki feel they never want to be parted, but haven't become a couple yet. More than friends but less than lovers, they develop an awkward quasi-romance.
- Tsumiki Miniwa (御庭 つみき Miniwa Tsumiki?)
- Voiced by: Rumi Ōkubo
- The main female protagonist. Tsumiki is a somewhat petite and dainty in stature girl who is hopelessly in love with Io. She has a tsundere attitude: sharp and sarcastic on the outside while loving on the inside. Whenever Io gives Tsumiki a pat on the head or Tsumiki sees something she likes, she grows cat ears. Tsumiki is unusually strong for her size and when she is about to use an immense amount of strength she emits a purple aura. She is also very skilled at arcade games.
- Io Otonashi (音無 伊御 Otonashi Io?)
- Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- The main male protagonist. Dense, yet kind at heart, he is oblivious to Tsumiki's crush on him, but she is the girl closest to him regardless and he may have feelings for her. Io is known to tease Tsumiki on occasion. He is usually seen spinning a pen with his hand, often fast enough to surprise Mayoi. At times he unknowingly acts like a casanova. The only girls not to have fallen to his charm are Mayoi and Ami Kirino. He is also quite strong, though this is not shown as often as with Tsumiki. For some reason, cats are immediately drawn to him (whether or not this is a nod to Tsumiki's crush on him is unknown). He's also a part time worker at Hatch Potch.
- Mayoi Katase (片瀬 真宵 Katase Mayoi?)
- Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame
- Along with Sakaki, she makes up the prankster duo in the friendship circle. Very savvy with electronics and almost never seen without her lab coat, Mayoi loves to tease Tsumiki about her crush on Io, which often brings her severe repercussions from Tsumiki herself. She tends to end her sentences with "nyan".
- Sakaki Inui (戌井 榊 Inui Sakaki?)
- Voiced by: Shintarō Asanuma
- Io's best friend and partner-in-crime. Together with Mayoi, he makes up the prankster duo in the friendship circle. His sister owns a patisserie where he, Hime and Io also work.
- Hime Haruno (春野 姫 Haruno Hime?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Fukuhara
- The clumsy and air-headed member of the group. She has a very sweet and innocent personality. She gets nosebleeds whenever she becomes excited or upset. She's also a part time worker at Hatch Potch.
- Miiko Inui (戌井 みいこ Inui Miiko?)
- Voiced by: Yūko Minaguchi
- The shop manager of the cake shop Hatch Potch (ハチポチ Hachi Pochi?) and Sakaki's adult sister. She has waist-length light brown hair and is always smiling. In the anime, she is revealed to be one of Io's weaknesses as he is unable to refuse an earnest request from her. She is also a close friend to Kikue.
- Saki Sakimori (崎守 咲 Sakimori Saki?)
- Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori
- A student with waist-length blond hair and green eyes. She likes to tease Kyouya, and she is unaware of his crush on her.
- Kana Miyama (深山 佳奈 Miyama Kana?)
- Voiced by: Hiromi Konno
- A student with green hair in short, puffy pigtails and blue eyes. She is a cheerful and spontaneous girl, and she is very close to Saki.
- Kyōya Saibara (西原 京谷 Saibara Kyōya?)
- Voiced by: Tsubasa Yonaga
- A student with short black hair. He is not-so-secretly in love with Saki, and he acts in a tsundere attitude around her or whenever someone mentions his crush on her.
- Ami Kirino (桐野 亜美 Kirino Ami?)
- Voiced by: Marie Miyake
- A student with pinkish hair. She is a member of the Broadcast Committee which operates the school radio. Like Sakaki and Mayoi, she is very energetic.
- Kikue Sakuragawa (桜川 キクヱ Sakuragawa Kikue?)
- Voiced by: Junko Iwao
- A clumsy teacher with shoulder-length greyish-light-blue hair and green eyes. She is insecure and she wants a boyfriend, although she doesn't admit it. She is a close friend of Miiko.
An anime television series based on the manga aired in Japan between April 5 and June 28, 2012. The series ran for 12 episodes and an extra 13th was released on November 16, 2012, with the 6th Blu-ray Disc and DVD volumes in Japan. The opening theme is Atchi de Kotchi de (あっちでこっちで?, "Here and There") by Rumi Ōkubo, Nobuhiko Okamoto, Hitomi Nabatame, Kaori Fukuhara, and Shintarō Asanuma, whilst the ending theme is Te o Gyu Shite ne (手をギュしてね?, "Squeeze My Hand Tight") by Rumi Ōkubo. Sentai Filmworks released the series on DVD in North America on April 16, 2013.
|01||"Here ⇔ There"
"Atchi ⇔ Kotchi" (あっち⇔こっち)
|April 5, 2012|
|One cold day in winter, Miniwa Tsumiki joins her close friend and crush Otonashi Io to a visit on the Arcade along their friends Katase Mayoi, Haruno Hime and Inui Sakaki.|
|02||"Delicious Cakes ⇔ Valentine Lipstick"
"Oishii Kēki to ⇔ Barentain Rippu" (美味しいケーキと⇔ばれんたいんリップ)
|April 12, 2012|
Part A: The group pays a visit to Sakaki's older sister Miiko's Cake Shop, the Hatch Potch, where Io and Sakaki work.Part B: Valentine's Day is on the corner and Tsumiki, Mayoi and Hime assemble to make chocolates for the group.
|03||"Crazy Snowball Fight ⇔ Cooking Class (Burn)"
"Mujōnaru Yukigassen VS ⇔ Chōri Jisshū (Moe)" (無情なる雪合戦VS⇔調理実習（燃）)
|April 19, 2012|
Part A: The winter is almost over. The gang divide themselves into two teams and play snowball but Mayoi and Sakaki have some tricks up their sleeves.Part B: Cooking class. In a different team than Io, Tsumiki takes the opportunity to show him her culinary skills.
|04||"I Want to Catch ⇔ Donna Donna of Love"
"Tsukamaetai no ⇔ Koi no Dona Dona" (つかまえたいの⇔恋のドナドナ)
|April 26, 2012|
Part A: Due to a teachers' meeting, afternoon club activities have been cancelled, so Mayoi announces a "Kick the Can" game, for which the students are divided into two teams: hiders and seekers with a special penality for the losing team.Part B: The school radio now turns into a school TV with special guests Io and Sakaki, who have to give advice to problems sent in by girl students.
|05||"Attack! ⇔ and Nyanber Nyan!"
"Atakku! ⇔ Nyanbā Nyan!" (アタック！⇔にゃんばーにゃん！)
|May 03, 2012|
Part A: After the five have discussed some embarrassing details of the physical check-up, they settle on a competitive volleyball match. The losing team has to fight for the most popular lunch items in the school cafeteria.Part B: The five go on a picnic where they decide to play Frisbee before the meal. Io sits apart from the others playing with the many cats that become friendly with him, much to their admiration.
|06||"Pool and Shirt and ⇔ Homework"
"Pūru to Y-Shatsu to ⇔ Shukudai" (プールとYシャツと⇔宿題)
|May 10, 2012|
Part A: It's time for summer uniforms and the students are assigned to clean the swimming pool. It does not take long for them to make a mess of it.Part B: The afternoon before the test, Mayoi suggests a study group meeting in Io's house. Sakaki cannot go because he has a shift in Hatch Potch, so it is Io and the three girls. After the test, the weather turns rainy and there are not enough umbrellas.
|07||"It's the Mountains! It's a River! ⇔ Barbecue!"
"Yama da! Kawa da! ⇔ Bābekyū!" (山だ！川だ！⇔バーベキュー！)
|May 17, 2012|
|Although summer homework is still waiting for them to finish, except for Io, the five decide to take a train trip to a mountain resort. In the Drift race, they race to the mountain resort, and race along the mountain in a parody of Initial D|
|08||"Summer Homework ⇔ Summer Festival"
"Shukudai no Natsu ⇔ Matsuri no Natsu" (宿題の夏⇔祭りの夏)
|May 24, 2012|
Part A: The girls decide to pay a visit to Io's place as Tsumiki's air conditioner is broken. However, Mayoi and Sakaki are still held by the task of finishing up their homework, and urges the others to not worry about them and have some fun by themselves, despite their behavior says otherwise.Part B: The gang attends the summer festival together, facing several humorous situations as they try some of its attractions.
|09||"Dress Me Up! ⇔ The School Festival of Love and Romance"
"Watashi o Tsutsunde! ⇔ Koi to Roman no Gakuensai" (ワタシを包んで！⇔恋とロマンの学園祭)
|May 31, 2012|
|The time comes for the school festival and the five decide to mount a crêpe stand (named "Tsutsumin!" meaning something like "I wrapped") together, which turns out to be a great success. Io serves as the cook but also sews Tsumiki's mascot uniform by hand, and promises the first crêpe to her. Mayoi wears no lab coat over her waitress uniform.|
|10||"Bear Encounter ⇔ Lovelymas"
"Kuma Enkaunto ⇔ Raburimasu" (くまエンカウント⇔ラブリマス)
|June 7, 2012|
Part A: Mayoi buys a bear costume for cheap and decides to put it to use by scaring as many people as she can.Part B: Mayoi is planning to have a party on Christmas Eve but has to put it off to Christmas Day as Hime and Io promised to work in Hatch Potch. She and Tsumiki also stand in to help Io sell Christmas cakes in front of the shop.
|11||"I Look Forward to You in the New Year ⇔ Rice Cake Game"
"Kotoshi mo Yoroshiku ⇔ Motchī Gēmu" (今年もよろしく⇔もっちーげーむ)
|June 21, 2012|
Part A: The five go to the New Year's festival. The following day, they come together at the Inuis' place where their teacher Kikue Sakuragawa, who seems to be Miiko's friend, is also present. They talk about new year's resolutions, play games, and have a meal.Part B: It's a very cold day. Due to a flu epidemic, more than half the class is absent, school finishes after lunch. Tsumiki and Io appear to have a 'moment' which leaves Io rather confused and flustered.
|12||"Sweet Gem ⇔ Chocolate Vale tudo"
"Amai Hōseki ⇔ Choko Bāri Tūdo" (甘い宝石⇔チョコバーリトゥード)
|June 28, 2012|
Part A: It's valentine's day and the girls decide to make some chocolates, at school Tsumiki forgot the chocolates she wanted to give to Io. Everybody was having fun trading chocolates except Tsumiki. After school, Tsumiki runs back to her house to get the chocolate, but on the way back the chocolates got wet and then Io arrives with his umbrella to protect Tsumiki from the rain. Even when the chocolates were all wet, Io still accepted the chocolates.Part B: It's White Day and the boys (inclusive Kyoya) decide to make chocolate marshmallow, white chocolate cookies and gem sweets as return for the chocolates at valentine's day. Sakaki has secretly made some pig feet marshmallows as revenge for Mayoi's frog-flesh chocolate (episode 2, but it backfires before the end). At the end Io and Tsumiki talked about the kittyface on Tsumiki's gem sweetbox that Io has specially made for her.
|OVA||"Place = Princess"||November 16, 2012|
Part A: After a strange shared dream in a JRPG world similar to Dragon Warrior, the gang goes to an ice skating rink. Io, Hime and Sakaki are experienced skaters, but the rest are not, and Mayoi falls flat on her face. Io teaches Tsumiki to skate, well enough that she chases Mayoi and Sakaki making fun of her. Later, Mayoi stumbles into Io who ends up elbowing Sakaki in the face.Part B: Tsumiki hears fortune advice over the radio to take the initiative, and she goes to find Io at the station and grabs his hand and puts it on her head. The gang ends up talking about fortunes. Later, Miyama borrows Io's glasses for good luck at the vending machine, making Tsumiki blush. Miyama ends up with a lot of sodas. Finally, they flip through the a love compatibility horoscope. Io and Tsumiki get "good compatibility" but Io says he'd rather follow his heart than listen to his horoscope. After some prodding from Sakaki, he admits that he doesn't mind getting "good compatibility" with Tsumiki.
- あっちこっち1 (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- あっちこっち5 (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- "Acchi Kocchi School Romantic Comedy Manga Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. 2011-12-07. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Acchi Kocchi/Place to Place Comedy Anime's Promo Streamed". Anime News Network. 2012-01-27. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "11/7発売『あっちこっち ６』Blu-ray・DVD 発売延期のお詫び" (in Japanese). Tokyo Broadcasting System. Retrieved 2013-10-27.