Sir Alan Barlow, 2nd Baronet
Barlow was born in London, the eldest son of Sir Thomas Barlow, 1st Baronet, Royal physician, and his wife Ada Dalmahoy. He was Principal Private Secretary to Ramsay MacDonald, 1933-1934, and later Under-secretary at HM Treasury.
Barlow was a knight three times over; a baronet and a knight of both the Order of the Bath and the Order of the British Empire; CBE 1918, CB 1928, KBE 1938, KCB 1942, GCB 1947.
- Joan Helen Barlow (26 May 1912 - 21 February 1954)
- Sir Thomas Erasmus Barlow, 3rd Baronet (23 January 1914 - 12 October 2003), naval officer.
- Erasmus Darwin Barlow (15 April 1915 - 2 August 2005)
- Andrew Dalmahoy Barlow (b. 16 September 1916 – 2006), was the father of mathematician Martin T. Barlow.
- Hilda Horatia Barlow (b. 14 September 1919) married psychoanalyst John Hunter Padel; their daughter is the poet Ruth Padel.
- Horace Basil Barlow (b. 8 December 1921)
- BARLOW, Sir (James) Alan (Noel)’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007 accessed 26 May 2011
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
(of Wimpole Street)
Thomas Erasmus Barlow
|This article about a person involved in governance in the United Kingdom or its predecessor states is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|