Alberta general election, 1997
Ralph Klein's second election as leader of the Progressive Conservative Party was considerably more successful than his first. The PC Party won over half the popular vote, and 63 of the 83 seats in the legislature for its eighth consecutive term in government.
The Social Credit Party also re-emerged, but did not win any seats.
Overall voter turnout was 53.75%.
|Party||Party leader||# of
|1993||Elected||% Change||#||%||% Change|
|Source: Elections Alberta|
* Party did not nominate candidates in the previous election.
x - less than 0.005% of the popular vote
For complete electoral history, see individual districts
- 1 Pat Black later changed her last name to Nelson.
- Election Alberta (July 28, 2008). 2008 General Report (PDF). p. 158. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- Original Elections Alberta Website for 1997 election
- Present Elections Alberta Website for 1997 election