Aloha High School
|Aloha High School|
|18550 SW Kinnaman Road
Aloha, Oregon, 97007
|School district||Beaverton School District|
|Number of students||2,068|
|Color(s)||Blue, Gold, and Green
|Athletics conference||OSAA Metro League 6A|
|Team name||Aloha Warriors|
As of 2014:
- American Indian/Alaskan Native 1%
- Asian 7%
- Black 4%
- Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1%
- Hispanic 29%
- White 51%
- Multiracial 7%
Approximately 58% of students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Aloha High was ranked as one of Newsweek's top 1500 high schools in the U.S. in 2008, 2009, and 2010, where it was ranked the third best high school in the state. Also ranked 5th in 2011, and 2012
Aloha currently offers 23 Advanced Placement courses.
- Football: 2010
- Boys Track and Field: 2012
- Cheerleading 6A/5A Large Division: 2013 and 2014
- Michael Crooke (Class of 1975), professor of strategy, former Navy SEAL, CEO of Patagonia, Inc. (1999-2006)
- Wally Backman (Class of 1977), baseball player
- Brad Fitzpatrick (Class of 1998), founder of LiveJournal
- Jen-Hsun Huang (Class of 1981), Co-founder and CEO of NVIDIA
- S. D. Perry (Class of 1988), science fiction writer
- Dan Schmid (Class of 1981), musician
- Greg McMackin, former head football coach at Hawaii from 1968 to 1972.
- Thomas Tyner, (Class of 2013), football player at the University of Oregon.
- Hammond, Betsy (2009-09-10). "New principals for Portland-area high schools". OregonLive.com (The Oregonian). Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- Aloha High School in BEAVERTON, OR | Student Body | US News
- Advanced Placement Program
- [dead link]
- Yarnell, Ken. "Excellence Observed at Aloha". BlogSpot. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "America's Top Public High Schools - The Daily Beast". Newsweek.com. 2009-06-07. Retrieved 2012-05-27.[dead link]
- "Advance Placement Program". Beaverton.k12.or.us. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- Aloha High School Football: Readers join the celebration after Warriors seize 6A championship | OregonLive.com