Aloha High School
|Aloha High School|
|18550 SW Kinnaman Road
Aloha, Oregon, 97007
|School district||Beaverton School District|
|Number of students||2,068|
|Color(s)||Blue, Gold, and Green
|Athletics conference||OSAA Metro League 6A|
|Team name||Aloha Warriors|
As of 2014 the school is 1% American Indian/Alaskan Native, 7% Asian, 4% Black, 1% Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander, 29% Hispanic, 51% White, and 7% Multiracial. Approximately 58% of students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Aloha currently offers 23 Advanced Placement courses.
- Football: 2010
- Boys Track and Field: 2012
- Cheerleading 6A/5A Large Division: 2013 and 2014
- Michael Crooke (Class of 1975), professor of strategy, former Navy SEAL, CEO of Patagonia, Inc. (1999-2006)
- Wally Backman (Class of 1977), baseball player
- Brad Fitzpatrick (Class of 1998), founder of LiveJournal
- Jen-Hsun Huang (Class of 1981), Co-founder and CEO of NVIDIA
- S. D. Perry (Class of 1988), science fiction writer
- Dan Schmid (Class of 1981), musician
- Greg McMackin, former head football coach at Hawaii from 1968 to 1972.
- Thomas Tyner, (Class of 2013), football player at the University of Oregon.
- Hammond, Betsy (2009-09-10). "New principals for Portland-area high schools". OregonLive.com (The Oregonian). Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- Aloha High School in BEAVERTON, OR | Student Body | US News
- Advanced Placement Program
- [dead link]
- Yarnell, Ken. "Excellence Observed at Aloha". BlogSpot. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "America's Top Public High Schools - The Daily Beast". Newsweek.com. 2009-06-07. Retrieved 2012-05-27.[dead link]
- "Advance Placement Program". Beaverton.k12.or.us. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- Aloha High School Football: Readers join the celebration after Warriors seize 6A championship | OregonLive.com