July 28, 1973 |
San Mateo County, California, U.S.
|Residence||Los Altos Hills, California|
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Known for||Co-founder and CEO of 23andMe|
|Spouse(s)||Sergey Brin (m. 2007) (separated)|
|Relatives||Susan Wojcicki (sister)|
Life and career
Wojcicki was born in San Mateo County, California. She is the daughter of Esther Wojcicki (née Hochman), an educator, and Stanley Wojcicki, a physics professor emeritus at Stanford University, and sister of Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube and a former executive at Google. Her mother is Jewish and her father is a Polish American. She graduated from Yale University with a B.S. in biology in 1996.
After graduating, Wojcicki worked for 10 years overseeing healthcare investments, focusing on biotechnology companies. In 2006, she left the investing world to co-found 23andMe with Linda Avey. 23andMe is a privately held personal genomics and biotechnology company based in Mountain View, California that provides rapid genetic testing. The company is named for the 23 pairs of chromosomes in a normal human cell. Their personal genome test kit was named Invention of the Year by Time magazine in 2008.
Wojcicki married Google co-founder Sergey Brin in May 2007. They have a son, Benji, born in December 2008, and a daughter born in late 2011. News reports on August 28, 2013 announced that Wojcicki and Brin are living separately but that they were not legally separated.
- Mallon, Bridget (4 September 2013). "Huffington Post". Huffington Post.
- Date of birth found on the California Birth Index 1905-1995, under WOJCICKI, ANNE E, on 18 July 1973 in San Mateo County.
- Barry Schwartz (27 February 2013). "Anne Wojcicki, Google's Co-Founders Wife, On TMZ With Google Glass". Search Engine Roundtable. Retrieved 2 July 2013. "Anne Wojcicki, married to Google's co-founder, Sergey Brin and the sister of Susan Wojcicki, a Google executive..."
- 23andMe. "board members". Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- 23andMe. "corporate info". Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Fact Sheet". 23andme.com. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Hamilton, Anita (29 October 2008). "Best Inventions of 2008". Content Time. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Hafner, Katie (29 May 2007). "Silicon Valley Wide-Eyed Over a Bride". New York Times. Retrieved 2 July 2013. "Anne Wojcicki, the 33-year-old former health care investment analyst who this month married a handsome young computer scientist.."
- The Way I Work: Anne Wojcicki, 23andMe
- Gannes, Liz (2013-08-28). "Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin and 23andMe Co-Founder Anne Wojcicki Have Split". All Things Digital.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a geneticist or evolutionary biologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|