Augusta, West Virginia
|Augusta, West Virginia|
|— Unincorporated community —|
|Elevation||1,299 ft (396 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1535081|
Augusta is an unincorporated community in central Hampshire County, West Virginia. It is located along the Northwestern Turnpike (U.S. Route 50) at the northern terminus of Augusta-Ford Hill Road (West Virginia Secondary Route 7) between Shanks and Pleasant Dale, east of Romney. According to the 2000 census, the Augusta community has a population of 4,728.
Because of its location at the center of Hampshire County, Augusta is home to the Potomac Highlands Regional Jail, the James M. "Chick" Buckbee Juvenile Center, and the Hampshire County Health Department.
- Central Hampshire Park, Central Park Lane
- Augusta Motor Speedway, Augusta-Ford Hill Road (CR 7)
- Hampshire County Fairgrounds, Augusta-Ford Hill Road (CR 7)
Historic sites 
- French's Mill (1911), Augusta-Ford Hill Road (CR 7)
Augusta area churches 
- Assembly of God
- Augusta Assembly of God Church, US Route 50 East
- Union Primitive Baptist Church
- Zoar Baptist Church, Augusta-Ford Hill Road (CR 7)
- Church of the Brethren
- Tearcoat Church of the Brethren, Dunkard Church Road (CR 50/16)
- Church of Christ
- Augusta Church of Christ, US Route 50 East
- Augusta United Methodist Church, US Route 50 East
- Mount Zion United Methodist Church, Augusta-Ford Hill Road (CR 7)
- Non-Denominational Protestant
- Christ Community Church, US Route 50 East
James M. "Chick" Buckbee Juvenile Center 
The James M. "Chick" Buckbee Juvenile Center is a state-of-the-art juvenile detention facility opened in August 2003 at One Jerry Lane (County Route 50/36). Its current director is Barbara Spaid.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Augusta, West Virginia. Retrieved on 2008-10-30.
- Augusta, West Virginia ZIP code profile, DownloadZIPCode.com. Accessed 2008-01-19.
Media related to Augusta, West Virginia at Wikimedia Commons