Cacapon Resort State Park
|Cacapon Resort State Park|
|West Virginia State Park|
Looking southeast from atop Cacapon Mountain
|Elevation||948 ft (289 m)|
|Area||6,115 acres (2,474.7 ha) |
|Owner||West Virginia Division of Natural Resources|
|Nearest city||Berkeley Springs, West Virginia|
|Website: Cacapon Resort State Park|
Opened in 1933, the 6,115-acre (2,475 ha) Cacapon Resort State Park is located on the eastern slopes of Cacapon Mountain in Morgan County, West Virginia. Panorama Overlook, at the southern end of the park and 2,320 feet (710 m) above sea level, is the highest point in the park and in Morgan County.
- 48-room Lodge
- 12-room Old Inn
- 25 cabins (two fully accessible for the disabled)
- Efficiency bungalows
- 18 hole, par 72 golf course
- Lake swimming
- Rowboat and paddle boat rentals
- Horseback riding
- Conference rooms
- Picnic Shelters
- Gift Shop
- Tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court
- Nearby activities
Accessibility for the disabled was assessed by West Virginia University. The assessment found the campground, picnic areas, and lake swimming to be accessible. During the 2005 assessment some issues were identified concerning signage and the width of the sidewalk to the playground. Two of the newest park cabins were specifically design to be accessible.
- West Virginia State Parks Facilities Grid, accessed March 29, 2008
- Where People and Nature Meet: A History of the West Virginia State Parks. Charleston, West Virginia: Pictorial Histories Publishing Company. April 1988. ISBN 0-933126-91-3.
- Washington Heritage Trail in Morgan County web site, assessed August 3, 2006.
- Guide to Accessible Recreation and Travel in WV, WVU Center for Excellence in Disabilities web site, accessed July 31, 2006