|Headquarters||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Key people||John Boag, MD|
Australian Helicopters is an Australian Helicopter operator serving the Government, EMS, Transport & Television markets. Operating a mix of light and medium turbine-engined helicopters, it performs helicopter transport and air work for a number of private and government clients across Queensland and South Australia. The company is a subsidiary of the Avincis Group.
Founded in 1994, Australian Helicopters was formed from the merger of Marine Helicopters & Reef Helicopters. The business and steadily grown and in June 2010 employs 137 staff across 8 bases from Adelaide to the Torres Strait.
Australian Helicopters operates on behalf of the following organisations:
- Queensland Ambulance Service - Torres Strait Ambulance (EMS) 
- Australian Customs Service (Transport & Survailence) 
- Victorian Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) 
- Channel 7 Adelaide (Television)
- South Australian State Rescue Helicopter Service - MedSTAR (EMS) 
- Maritime Safety Queensland (Marine Pilot Transfer)
- Australian Defence Force (SAR & Training)
As of April 2012, the Australian Helicopters fleet comprised
- 8 x Agusta/Bell 412 Series
- 4 x Eurocopter AS350 Series
- 1 x Eurocopter EC130 Series
- 2 x MBB/Kawasaki BK 117 Series
- 2 x Hughes 369 Series
- 1 x Bell 206 Series
- Sky is the Limit - Business Review Australia
- Torres Strait Ambulance Website
- Major Overhaul on Border Protections Chopper - Helitorque.com
- Air Ambulance Helicopters Ambulance Victoria.
- 5DME Adelaide - MAC Rescue Helicopter Service
- Australian civil aircraft register search using "Australian Helicopters" as the search parameter. Search conducted April 2012.
|This airline-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|