|Parent company||Regional Express Holdings|
David Brooksby (COO)Captain Kirk Hazelton (Chief Pilot)
Air Link Pty Ltd was an airline based in Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia. It operates both air charter services and scheduled services within New South Wales, including a daily scheduled return between Dubbo and Sydney on behalf of parent company Regional Express Airlines. Its main base is Dubbo Airport.
The airline was formed and started operations in 1971 as an aircraft charter operation based in Dubbo. In 1989 the Company was acquired by David and Barbara Miller. Regular regional airline services across western New South Wales were commenced in 1991, when Hazelton Airlines divested itself of its piston-engined aircraft and the routes served by those aircraft. On 30 November 2005 Regional Express Holdings acquired all the shares in Air Link, with David Miller appointed as Chief Executive, and it was run as an independent airline within the Regional Express group. On 10 November 2008 Regional Express Holdings announced that Air Link would cease all scheduled operations on 20 December and concentrate on its air charter and aircraft maintenance business. Scheduled services resumed again in 2014 with a daily return service between Dubbo and Sydney operated on behalf of Regional Express Airlines.
Air Link's IATA code DR has now been assumed by the French charter operator Air Méditerranée
Prior to the cessation of scheduled services in December 2008, Air Link operated (using Rex flight numbers) to the following destinations:
- Bourke, Cobar, Coonamble, Walgett and Lightning Ridge to Dubbo.
- Cobar to Sydney (Fridays only)
- Bathurst to Sydney
- Dubbo to Sydney
- Mudgee to Sydney.
In 2014 AirLink resumed scheduled services:
- Dubbo to Sydney
- Sydney to Dubbo
As of May 2013 the Air Link fleet consists of the following aircraft:
The majority of these aircraft were formerly operated by Hazelton Airlines.
- ABNLookup - Current details for Air Link Pty Ltd
- Air Link AOC. Retrieved: 10 November 2008
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 59.
- "Change to Air Link Operations" - Regional Express Media Release. Retrieved: 10 November 2008
- Australian civil aircraft register search, using "Air Link" as the search parameter. Search conducted 26 May 2013.