Avalon School District
|Avalon School District|
|Business Administrator:||Linda Fiori|
|Address:||235 32nd Street
Avalon, NJ 08202
|Enrollment:||66 (as of 2011-12)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||13.3|
|District Factor Group:||FG|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||7,906||71||1,612||390.4%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||71,751||69||61,136|
|Data from NJDoE 2014 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with up to 400 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=71
Avalon School District is a community public school district that serves students in Kindergarten through eighth grade from Avalon, New Jersey, United States. Based on data from the 2014 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending prepared by the New Jersey Department of Education, the Avalon district's total per pupil spending of $43,775 was the highest of any regular school district.
Starting with the 2011-12 school year, in an agreement with the Stone Harbor School District, public school students in grades K-4 from both communities attend school at Stone Harbor Elementary School in Stone Harbor while all students in grades 5-8 attend school in Avalon as part of a reciprocal sending/receiving relationship.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in public school for ninth through twelfth grades attend Middle Township High School in Cape May Court House, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Middle Township Public Schools, which also serves students from Avalon, Dennis Township and Woodbine.
- Avalon Elementary School had an enrollment of 66 students in the 2011-12 school year.
- Stacey Tracy, Superintendent
- Linda Fiori, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Avalon School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 2, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- O'Dea, Colleen. "Interactive Map: Per-Pupil Costs Vary Widely in New Jersey’s Schools", NJ Spotlight, May 16, 2014. Accessed December 9, 2014. "Avalon, a small K-8 district in Cape May County, ranked most costly among non-special services districts, with a total of $43,775 for each of 106 students."
- Avalon Elementary School 2013 School Report Card, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 12, 2014. "The district has entered into a “send-receive” agreement with the neighboring district on the island to consolidate the instructional programs in the two schools. Stone Harbor houses the K-4 programs for both districts and Avalon houses grades 5-8."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 2, 2014.
- Middle Township High School 2013 School Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 2, 2014. "Middle Township High School is a four-year, accredited, comprehensive high school situated in central Cape May County. The school serves the communities of Middle Township, Dennis Township, Avalon, Stone Harbor, and now Woodbine Borough."
- School Data for the Avalon Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 2, 2014.
- Avalon Staff, Avalon School District. Accessed September 2, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Cape May County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 2, 2014.
- Avalon Elementary School
- Avalon Elementary School's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Avalon Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics