Bagh, Azad Kashmir
|Elevation||1,676 m (5,499 ft)|
Bagh (Urdu: باغ ) is the chief town of Bagh District in Azad Kashmir. Bagh, the district headquarters of district Bagh is 100 Kilometers from Muzaffarabad via Kohallah & 80 Kilometers via Sudhan Gali, 205 Kilometers from Islamabad and 48 kilometers from Rawalakot. This town is situated on the confluence of two mini nullahs- Malwani & Mall, which flow all the year round. The people of Bagh are brave, courageous and skilled, especially the artificers in the field of bakery & confectionery. The well recognized " Haji Peer Pass " is about 32 kilometers from Bagh town linked with metalled road. Middle standard hotels, PWD and Forest rest houses are available for visitors, whereas, all the basic necessities of life are available in the Bagh bazars.
This town is situated on the confluence of two mini nallahs- Mahlwani and Mahl, which flow all the year round. The well recognized " Haji Peer Pass" is about 32 kilometres from Bagh City linked with metalled road. Middle standard hotels, PWD and Forest rest houses are available for visitors, whereas, all the basic necessities of life are available in the Bagh bazars.
Language and history
Before getting the status of an independent District in 1987, Bagh was a part of District Poonch. This district almost resembles to district Poonch in its history, culture, customs and traditions. District Bagh, as a whole is rich in variegated natural beauty. Topographically, this district falls into mountainous zone. Shujaabad, Ghail Rawali, Hari Ghail, Bagh, Dheerkot,Birpani, Sudhan gali, Hanse Chowki, Neela Butt, Las Danna, Mahmood Gali, Kahuta, Havaily and Ganga Choti are the main places in this district. The main casts living are Mughal tribes Baig, Chughtais, Mirza, Maldial, Dulli, Syeds, Abbasis, Rajputs(Rajas), Saddozais and Awans.
On 8 October 2005, Bagh was hit by a devastating earthquake, of the population of 8500 lost their lives and 83,000 lost their homes.
Bagh Valley Eltitude 3405 fet(1038m)
a village gehalan(mini london) a village HARRI GHELL
- Government of Azad Jammu and Kashmir
- Bagh Azad Jammu and Kashmir Official Portal
- District Bagh, (Pakistan Held Kashmir)
- Bagh District, Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Pakistan Held Kashmir)
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Britannica - Azad Kashmir
- Eurojournals page about dwellings in Azad Kashmir
- Site for overseas Kashmiris and about ajkcouncil
- About tourism in Azad Kashmir
- Tourist guide to Azad Kashmir with brief facts
- Another tourist guide to Azad Kashmir with brief facts
- World atlas page about Azad Kashmir status
- About Azad Kashmir
- Introduction to Azad Kashmir
- Hydropower Potential in AJK U.K based report
- success in Kashmir earthquake response
- Azad Kashmir community development programme
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir : Planning and development department