Baku Street Circuit
|Location||Baku Boulevard, Baku, Azerbaijan|
|Time zone||GMT+4 (standard) /+4 (DST)|
|Major events||FIA Formula One
European Grand Prix (from 2016)
In December 2013, Formula One President and CEO Bernie Ecclestone suggested that the race would be run in 2016 but later said that because the Korean Grand Prix organisers were in breach of contract, it would be moved to 2015. However, in July 2014 it was announced that the race's debut would be delayed until 2016.
Construction and design
- "F1: Bernie Ecclestone confirms Azerbaijan to replace axed Korea". www.auto123.com. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Prince, Max. "Korea out, Azerbaijan in for 2015 Formula 1 calendar". www.roadandtrack.com. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Smith, Luke. "Azerbaijan set to welcome Formula 1 in 2015; Korea scrapped". motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com. NBC. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Sylt, Christian. "Exclusive: Korean GP dropped to make way for race in Azerbaijan". www.independent.co.uk. The Independent. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Formula 1 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix debut delayed until 2016". uk.eurosport.yahoo.com. Reuters. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Азад Рагимов рассказал о примерной трассе бакинского этапа Формулы-1". www.azerisport.com (in Russian). Retrieved 25 July 2014.