Barlig, Mountain Province
Panoramic photo of Barlig and surrounding rice terraces
Map of Mountain Province showing the location of Barlig
|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|• Mayor||Clark Chatongna Ngaya|
|• Total||228.64 km2 (88.28 sq mi)|
|• Density||26/km2 (66/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||5th class|
Barlig is bounded in the east by Natonin in the west by Bontoc and Sadanga. In the north, it is bounded by Tinglayan and in the south by the town of Mayoyao. The town is separated into three settlements or cluster of villages such as Barlig town proper, Lias and Kadaclan.
- Lias Kanluran
- Lias Silangan
- Gawana (Poblacion)
|Population census of Barlig|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The people of Barlig are dominantly of Igorot descent. Locals call themselves Ifiallig which is a reference to someone born or have roots from villages. In the cluster of villages in Lias, people call themselves I-lias while those from Kadaclan villages call themselves Ekachakran. Despite living in a single town, the people speak different languages and probably traditions.
Barlig town boasts of its own rice terraces, the Barlig Rice Terraces in the near the center of the town and Lias Rice Terraces in the Lias, which is a cluster of villages. In Kadaclan, which is another cluster of villages, the annual Menaliyam festival is held.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Province: Mountain Province". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- More photos and information on Talubin Municipality
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
||Sadanga||Tinglayan, Kalinga||Tanudan, Kalinga|
|Banaue, Ifugao / Mayoyao, Ifugao|