Los Angeles, California
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Beverly Peele (born 1975) is an American model and actress. Peele rose to fame in the late 1980s and 1990s, appearing mostly in Mademoiselle and Elle magazine. She appeared on over 250 fashion magazine covers.
Born in Los Angeles, California, Peele began modeling in 1987 and landed her first magazine cover, Mademoiselle, in 1989. During her modeling career, she was featured in ads for the likes of Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Versace, among others. She also did runway work for Chanel and Comme des Garçons. Peele has appeared on magazine covers worldwide including Vogue, Mademoiselle, Elle, and Cosmopolitan.
In addition to modeling, Peele also appeared in Heavy D & the Boyz's music video for "Nuttin' but Love," Jodeci's 1995 video "Freakin You", and George Michael's Thierry Mugler-styled "Too Funky" video alongside Nadja Auermann, Tyra Banks, Linda Evangelista, Estelle Hallyday, and Rossy de Palma.
At the age of 17, in 1993, Peele had a daughter named Cairo, and her modeling assignments dropped off. In 1997, she began acting and appeared in Sister, Sister and Girlfriends. Peele also had a role in the 2002 film Sweet Friggin' Daisies with Zooey Deschanel.
Is currently developing a recovery center for people in the entertainment business suffering from substance and food addiction.
In 2005, Peele was arrested for identity theft after buying appliances and furniture with a credit card she found in a wallet at a supermarket. In 2006, Peele pleaded no contest to the charges and was placed on three years' probation, along with 300 hours of community service. Peele was also ordered to pay $4,000 to the credit card holder and $900 in restitution to American Express.
On May 10, 2010 Beverly and her daughter were in a car accident which resulted in serious injuries. They were taken to the UCLA Medical Center with multiple broken bones and internal injuries.
- "Sentencing Postponed In Supermodel's ID Theft Case". knbc.com. 2006-07-10.
- "Beverly Peele - Voguepedia". Vogue. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Beverly Peele: Biography". nymag.com. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- Sherwood, James (2003-02-13). "Fashion & Style: Mugler's Magic Lives On". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-08-14.[dead link]
- "Supermodel Arrested For Costly Crime". abclocal.go.com. 2005-12-30. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Model Beverly Peele Sentenced". abclocal.go.com. 2006-08-06. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- HuffingtonPost.com, May 11, 2010