|This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Danish Wikipedia. (September 2011)|
|Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips|
Philips in August 2010
|Born||Dennis Bradley Philips
6 January 1946
|Education||B.A. Islamic Studies,
M.A. Aqeedah, &
PhD Islamic Theology
|Alma mater||B.A. - Islamic University of Medina,
M.A. - King Saud University, &
PhD - University of Wales
Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips (born Dennis Bradley Philips on 6 January 1946, in Jamaica) is a contemporary Islamist teacher, speaker, and author, resident in Qatar. He appears on Peace TV, which is a 24-hour Islamic satellite TV channel broadcasting to many countries around the world.
Philips was born on 6 January 1946 in Kingston, Jamaica, but grew up in Toronto, Canada, where he converted to Islam in 1972. He received his B.A. degree from the Islamic University of Medina and his M.A. in Aqeedah (Islamic Theology) from the King Saud University in Riyadh, then to the University of Wales, where he completed a PhD in Islamic Theology in the early 1990s. Philips comes from a family of educators, as both his parents were teachers and his grandfather was a Christian minister and Bible scholar.
Islamic Information Center 
Islamic Online University 
The Islamic Online University has been founded by Dr. Bilal Philips as a completely tuition-free institution that is offering an online intensive, undergraduate, and graduate courses in Islamic Studies. The university offers a four year bachelor of arts degree in Islamic studies program.
The IOU was initially launched in 2001 from UAE with an offering of a few short courses. After a five year interlude, it was restarted in 2007 from Qatar with a greater offering of completely free short courses.
In an interview given, Philips accused the Australian authorities of "blindly following American allegations and unsubstantiated false accusations" claiming that investigations in the UK, Canada and Australia had found no evidence that he was in any way connected with terrorism. In this interview, he also pointed out that he had not entered the USA since 1995, characterizing media claims that he had been deported in 2004 as an "outright lie". Philips also called the statement that he was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing "really a joke", claiming that it was based on a "supposedly leaked report" of over 100 prominent Muslims who were never charged. In April 2011, he was banned from re-entering Germany as persona non grata.
- Fundamentals of TAWHEED (Islamic Monotheism) International Islamic Publishing House; ISBN 9960-9648-0-9
- The Evolution of Fiqh (Islamic Law & The Madh-habs) International Islamic Publishing House (Edited by Bradley Philips); ISBN 9960-672-86-7
- True Message of Jesus Christ Islamic Book Services 2006; ISBN 81-7231-360-8
- Purpose of Creation 84pp, Islamic Book Services 2002; ISBN 81-7231-358-6
- Funeral Rites International Islamic Publishing House; ASIN 9960850846
- Polygamy in Islam Islamic Book Services; ISBN 81-7231-715-8
- Islamic Studies Al-Basheer 2002; ISBN 1-898649-19-7
See also 
- Gerard McManus. (2007-4-4). Radical sheik refused entry for Islamic talks. Herald Sun, retrieved December 13, 2007
- Interviews. (2007-4-9). Exclusive: Interview with Dr Bilal Philips. Austrolabe, retrieved August 07, 2011
- Admin. (no year). Brief Introduction to Dr. Abu Ameenah Philips. The Famous Muslim Website, retrieved April 29, 2011
- Iesha Javed. (2010-02-13). An interview with dr. Abu ameenah bilal philips- by Iesha Javed. The Intellectual Online, retrieved August 6, 2011
- Admin. (2010-12-27). Bilal Philips. The Faith, retrieved August 7, 2010
- Website Admin. (no year). History. Islamic Online University Website, retrieved August 07, 2011
- Website Admin. (no year). About. Islamic Online University Website, retrieved August 07, 2011
- DPA/The Local/mdm. (2011-04-21). Islamist preacher ordered to leave Germany. The Local, retrieved August 6, 2011
- Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal (2006), The Fundamentals of TAWHEED (Islamic Monotheism), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: International Islamic Publishing House
- Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal (2000), Tarikh Al-Madhahib Al-Fiqhiyah: The Evolution Of Fiqh: Islamic Law & The Madh-Habs, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: International Islamic Publishing House; Third Edition (2000)
- Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal (1996), The True Message of Jesus Christ, Sharjah, U.A.E.: Dar Al Fatah Printing, Publishing & Distribution Co. Llc.
- Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal (January 1, 2002), The Purpose of Creation, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: Islamic Book Service
- Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal (2005), Funeral Rites in Islam, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: International Islamic Publishing House; 2nd Edition
- Philips; Jones, Abu Ameenah Bilal; Jameela (2006), Polygamy in Islam, India: Islamic Book Service
- Philips, Abu Ameenah Bilal (April 2002), Islamic Studies: Book 3 (Bk. 3), Denver, CO 80239 U.S.A.: Al-Basheer Publications & Translations