Bloomberg TV India
|Bloomberg TV India|
|Owned by||Bloomberg L.P.|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Broadcast area||India and International|
|Headquarters||Parijat House, Dr. E Moses Road, Worli Naka, Mumbai, India|
|Formerly called||UTVi, Bloomberg UTV|
|Airtel (India)||Channel 306|
|Big TV (India)||Channel 485|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 598|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 555|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 516|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 385|
|InCableNet (India)||Channel 389|
Bloomberg TV India (formerly Bloomberg UTV and UTVi) is a 24-hour English-language business and financial broadcast news outlet in India, owned and operated by Bloomberg L.P.. It was founded by Ronnie Screwvala. The news channel's coverage extends from the latest business news, stock quotes, personal finance solutions and expert opinions on investing and management to industry verticals and beyond. The Channel also plans to connect real time news through multiple platforms like television, web and mobile. Bloomberg UTV has an alliance with Bloomberg and Business Standard for outsourcing content, but this alliance is not applicable to the website utvmoney.com.
Apart from regular news based programs, the channel also provides feature-based and current programs like ABC of US Elections, Million Dollar Idea, Cracking Careers and Real Estate. Bloomberg UTV has lined up four reality shows aimed at business audiences and unveiled its first show, The Pitch.
The Pitch offers up to ₹50 million as funding (against equity) in a show that will turn real for entrepreneurs. Bollywood actor Boman Irani will host the show. The Pitch will see Kishore Biyani, Rahul Bajaj and Naina Lal Kidwai design and assign business tasks for the contestants on the show.
In mid-2012, the channel was rebranded from Bloomberg UTV to Bloomberg TV India to reflect the change in ownership. The rebranding exercise also brought with it tighter integration with the international sibling Bloomberg Television.
- "Bloomberg, UTV form content JV". Bloomberg UTV. Retrieved September 10, 2009.[dead link]
- Economic Times Coverage
- Bloomberg TV,UTV Announces Partnership;Biz Channel UTVi To Become Bloomberg-UTV|contentSutra
- "Bloomberg UTV to 'pitch' for big ideas with Rs 5 cr prize". Deccan Herald. 2010-08-17.
- "Bloomberg UTV to launch biz reality show ‘The Pitch’ in October 2010". exchange4media. 2010-08-18.
- "Reality TV comes to entrepreneurship". Hindustan Times. 2010-08-17.
- "We're clear about positioning. We are the influencers' channel.". Haymarket Media.
|This article about mass media in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|