|Born||Eugenio Romerica Abunda, Jr.
October 29, 1955
Borongan City, Eastern Samar, Philippines
|Partner(s)||Bong Quintana (partner since 1983)|
Eugenio "Boy" Romerica Abunda, Jr. (born 29 October 1955) is a Filipino television host, publicist, talent manager and celebrity endorser. He is dubbed as the "King of Talk" in local show business.
He attended Ateneo de Manila University taking up Business Management. However, he failed to finish that course because of his father's death. He left Ateneo and worked in odd jobs to support himself.
At the Metropolitan Theater, he worked as a stage actor and after that, as an assistant stage manager. Later, he became the assistant of the theater's administrator Conchita "Tita Conching" Sunico, who taught him public relations. Within a couple of years, he started Backroom, Inc., a public relations firm. He was working as a public relations consultant for GMA Network when a network executive named Bobby Barreiro, suggested him to try hosting a television show.
Abunda became a host of Show and Tell, a late night variety talk show with Gretchen Barretto, and Startalk, an entertainment talk show. He subsequently moved to GMA Network's competitor ABS-CBN in 1999, where he has hosted the following shows: The Buzz, Private Conversations, Home Boy, Kontrobersyal, SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon and The Bottomline with Boy Abunda, a talk show interview. He is also a newscaster for entertainment of the late-night news program Bandila.
He also produced an album entitled Melodic Conversations.
Abunda is openly gay and has been in a relationship with partner Bong Quintana for 30 years.
He currently resides in Quezon City.
|2009–present||The Bottomline with Boy Abunda||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2009||Ang Kwento naming Dalawa (Judy Ann-Ryan Love Story)||Host / Narrator||ABS-CBN|
|2009–2011||SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon||Anchor||ABS-CBN|
|2008||Inside the Cinema||Host||Cinema One|
|2007–2009||Boy & Kris||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2005–2007||Home Boy||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2003–2006||Kontrobersyal||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2001–Present||Private Conversations||Host / Himself||ANC|
|1999–Present||The Buzz||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|1995–1999||Startalk||Host / Himself||GMA Network|
|1994–1995||Show & Tell||Host / Himself||GMA Network|
|2012||Boy Pick-Up: The Movie||Himself/Cameo||Regal Entertainment & GMA Films|
- 3rd Educators & Critics Circle Awards for Media Communications - Most Influential Endorser of Year (2013)
- Winner, Best Showbiz Oriented Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Startalk (1995–1999)
- The Buzz (1999–2008 and 2010) (tied with Paolo Bediones in 2005)
- SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon (2009)
- Hall of Fame (2011)
- Winner, Best Public Affairs Program Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Private Conversations (2004)
- The Bottomline With Boy Abunda (2010-2011)
- Winner, Best Magazine Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Kontrobersyal (2004)
- Winner, Best Celebrity Talk Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Homeboy (2005–2007)
- Boy and Kris (2008)
- Winner, Best Talk Show Host - UPLB Gandingan Awards
- Homeboy (2006)
- Boy and Kris (2007–2008)
- Bonifacio, Tinna S. (August, 2005). "Stardom is hard work: Boy Abunda success is "seizing the moment, not winning it"". JobsDB: Interactive Recruitment Network. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- Noynoy wants Boy Abunda in his government
- "Boy Abunda biography". Wow! Celebrities. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Mirror, mirror . . .". INQ7.net. 2006-12-13.
- "Getting to The Bottomline". The Philippine Star. February 27, 2010.
- Procrastination awards, Manila Times
- Boy Abunda obtained his first college degree.
- Boy Abunda obtained his second College degree.
- The Ballad of Boy and Bong
- Comelec is ‘stupid,’ says Boy Abunda
- Boy Abunda on being gay: "It's the closest you can get to being an angel."