|Born||Eugenio Romerica Abunda, Jr.
October 29, 1955
Borongan City, Eastern Samar, Philippines
|Occupation||Television presenter, publicist, Talent Manager, Newscaster|
|Partner(s)||Bong Quintana (1983–present)|
Eugenio "Boy" Romerica Abunda, Jr. (born October 29, 1955) is a Filipino television host, publicist, talent manager and celebrity endorser. He is dubbed as the "King of Talk" in local show business.
Boy Abunda was born in Borongan City, Eastern Samar. He attended Ateneo de Manila University taking up Business Management. However, he failed to finish that course because of his father's death. He left Ateneo and worked in odd jobs to support himself.
At the Metropolitan Theater, he worked as a stage actor and after that, as an assistant stage manager. Later, he became the assistant of the theater's administrator Conchita "Tita Conching" Sunico, who taught him public relations. Within a couple of years, he started Backroom, Inc., a public relations firm. He was working as a public relations consultant for GMA Network when a network executive named Bobby Barreiro, suggested him to try hosting a television show.
Abunda became a host of Show and Tell, a late night variety talk show with Gretchen Barretto, and Startalk, an entertainment talk show. He subsequently moved to GMA Network's competitor ABS-CBN in 1999, where he has hosted the following shows: The Buzz, Private Conversations, Homeboy, Kontrobersyal, SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon and The Bottomline with Boy Abunda, a talk show interview. He is also a newscaster for entertainment of the late-night news program Bandila.
He also produced an album entitled Melodic Conversations.
In August of 2014, Abunda was not seen on TV for weeks. On September 7, 2014, he revealed in an exclusive interview with The Buzz that he suffered from a medical condition in which 300 ml of abscess was removed from his liver. He was discharged from the hospital August 23.
|2014–present||Aquino & Abunda Tonight||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2009–present||The Bottomline with Boy Abunda||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2009||Ang Kwento naming Dalawa (Judy Ann-Ryan Love Story)||Host / Narrator||ABS-CBN|
|2009–2011||SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon||Anchor||ABS-CBN|
|2008–present||Inside the Cinema||Host||Cinema One|
|2007–2009||Boy & Kris||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2005–2007||Homeboy||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2004–2005||Morning Star||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2004–2005||Star Circle Quest||Judge||ABS-CBN|
|2003–2006||Kontrobersyal||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2001–present||Private Conversations||Host / Himself||ANC|
|1999–present||The Buzz 15 (formerly known as Buzz ng Bayan from 2013-2014)||Host / Himself||ABS-CBN|
|1995–1999||Startalk||Host / Himself||GMA Network|
|1994–1995||Show & Tell||Host / Himself||GMA Network|
|2012||Boy Pick-Up: The Movie||Himself/Cameo||Regal Entertainment & GMA Films|
- 3rd EdukCircle Awards - Most Influential Celebrity Endorser of Year (2013)
- Winner, Best Showbiz Oriented Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Startalk (1995–1999)
- The Buzz (1999–2008 and 2010) (tied with Paolo Bediones in 2005)
- SNN: Showbiz News Ngayon (2009)
- Hall of Fame (2011)
- Winner, Best Public Affairs Program Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Private Conversations (2004)
- The Bottomline With Boy Abunda (2010-2011)
- Winner, Best Magazine Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Kontrobersyal (2004)
- Winner, Best Celebrity Talk Show Host - PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Homeboy (2005–2007)
- Boy and Kris (2008)
- Winner, Best Talk Show Host - UPLB Gandingan Awards
- Homeboy (2006)
- Boy and Kris (2007–2008)
- Bonifacio, Tinna S. (August 2005). "Stardom is hard work: Boy Abunda success is "seizing the moment, not winning it"". JobsDB: Interactive Recruitment Network. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- Sisante, Jam (31 May 2010). "Noynoy wants Boy Abunda in his government". GMA News Online. Retrieved 25 December 2013.
- "Boy Abunda biography". Wow! Celebrities. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Mirror, mirror . . .". INQ7.net. 13 December 2006.
- "Getting to The Bottomline". The Philippine Star. February 27, 2010.
- Procrastination awards, Manila Times
- Boy Abunda obtained his first college degree.[dead link]
- Boy Abunda obtained his second College degree.[dead link]
- The Ballad of Boy and Bong
- Comelec is ‘stupid,’ says Boy Abunda
- Boy Abunda on being gay: "It's the closest you can get to being an angel."
- BOY ABUNDA SUFFERED FROM LIVER PROBLEM, NOW RECOVERING