|Founded||Chemnitz (1993 )|
|Profit||€82.5 million (2009)|
Bruno Banani is a German fashion company with headquarters in Chemnitz. On 11 March 2009, Bruno Banani launched a product range using the eco-friendly fiber Biophyl from Advansa with class 1 Oeko-tex standard rating.
Prior to the 2010 Winter Olympics, German media took an interest in a Tongan luger training in Germany, who was apparently also called Bruno Banani. In January 2012, it was revealed that his real name was Fuahea Semi, and that his renaming had been a marketing ploy.
- "bruno banani mit klarer Mission". Textination. 2010-06-30.
- "WHEN YOU THINK DELUXE, THINK...EAST GERMANY?". BusinessWeek. 1997-05-12.
- "Bruno Banani underwear goes green with Biophyl". Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- "Tongan luger Bruno Banani exposed as a German marketing hoax", The Guardian, 31 January 2012
- "Wie Fuahea Semi zum Rodler Bruno Banani wurde", Der Spiegel, 29 January 2012
- Stuart Slatter, David Lovett, «Corporate Recovery: Managing Companies in Distress», Beard Books, 1999. ISBN 1-58798-242-0.
- Karl-Heinz von Lackum, «Mit Branding an die Spitze!: Wie sie auch ohne Werbemillionen die Konkurrenz», Gabler, April 2004. ISBN 3-409-12668-6.
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|