|Elevation||2,820 ft (860 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Bundibugyo is located approximately 35 kilometres (22 mi), by road, west of Fort Portal, the nearest large town. This location lies approximately 356 kilometres (221 mi), by road, west of Kampala, the capital and largest city in Uganda. The coordinates of the town are:0°42'45.0"N 30°03'36.0"E (Latitude:0.712500; Longitude: 30.059999).
Bundibugyo is one of the most western of all Uganda's district capitals. Although Kisoro, Kanungu and Rukungiri are located further west than Bundibugyo, it is the only Ugandan district capital located west of the Rwenzori Mountains. It sits at an altitude of 900 metres (3,000 ft), above sea level. The predominant ethnicities in the town are the Bamba and the Bakonjo. However other ethnicities coexist with them including the Batooro, Bakiga, Banyoro and the Banyankole.
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Bundibugyo at about 13,800. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 20,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Bundibugyo at 21,600.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or close to its borders:
- The headquarters of Bundibugyo District Administration
- The offices of Bundibugyo Town Council
- Bundibugyo Central Market - The largest source of fresh produce in the town
- Bundibugyo Hospital - A 160 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- Bundibugyo Airport - A civilian airport
- Ebenezer Seventh-day Adventist Church - A place of worship affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist faith.
- "Map Showing Bundibugyo And Fort Portal With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Bundibugyo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Bundibugyo At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Bundibugyo In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 4 June 2014.