|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2010)|
Camarhynchus is a genus of bird in the Thraupidae family; all species of Camarhynchus are endemic to the Galápagos Islands, and together with related genera they are collectively known as Darwin's finches. Sometimes classified in the bunting and American sparrow family Emberizidae, more recent studies have shown it to belong in the tanager family.
It contains the following species:
- Small tree finch (Camarhynchus parvulus)
- Medium tree finch (Camarhynchus pauper)
- Large tree finch (Camarhynchus psittacula)
- Woodpecker finch (Camarhynchus pallidus)
- Mangrove finch (Camarhynchus heliobates)
The vegetarian finch (Platyspiza crassirostris) is often also included in this genus.
|This article about a tanager is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|