Carrie Hope Fletcher
|Carrie Hope Fletcher|
Carrie performing on stage as Éponine in Les Miserables
|Birth name||Carrie Hope Fletcher|
|Also known as||ItsWayPastMyBedTime|
22 October 1992 |
Harrow, London, England
|Genres||Singer-songwriter, acoustic, Pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, ukulele, piano, saxophone|
|Associated acts||Les Miserables, Tom Fletcher, War of the Worlds|
Carrie Hope Fletcher (born 22 October 1992) is a musician, actress, writer and vlogger from London, England. Fletcher has released three singles and has a fan base of over 500,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel titled ItsWayPastMyBedTime. Additionally, Fletcher has a second channel called TwentyThirtyTwo, which has over 75,000 subscribers.
She is currently playing Éponine in the Les Miserables production at the Queen's Theatre in London. When she was younger she also played young Éponine, making her the only actress to play both adult and child Éponine in the West End. In November-December 2014 she is due to be in the War of the Worlds tour. In May 2014, she announced her first book, All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully, to be released in May 2015.
Fletcher grew up in South Harrow, England. Her father worked as her caretaker and her mother worked as a learning support teacher. Her older brother Tom Fletcher is a lead vocalist and guitarist of the band McFly and is currently in supergroup McBusted. She started acting when she was just five years old and starred in a Honey Nut Cheerios commercial. She replaced Danielle Hope in Les Miserables at the Queen’s Theatre in London in June 2013 as Eponine, making her the only British Actress to play both Young Eponine and older Eponine. She is also due to feature in War of the Worlds on the UK tour in late 2014.
Fletcher originally started her YouTube channel, ItsWayPastMyBedTime, to post covers of popular songs as well as some original material. As her audience grew, she began to post travel vlogs, stories, and short sketches. She has since amassed a large following of over 500,000 subscribers, who refer to themselves as the "Hopefuls" (taken from her middle name, Hope). She has recently started a series of videos with her brother, Tom Fletcher, on their channels. She was featured in Alex Day's music video "Good Morning Sunshine" in 2012. She also worked with Alex Day on his music video for his cover of "Lady Godiva" in 2012 and his video for “I’ve Got What it Takes” in 2013. Carrie also features as the love interest in The Vamps' cover of "That Girl" by McFly.
Fletcher has produced four singles and has been featured in other artists’ work, such as Charlie Yang’s “Nobody Can Fix This”, released in 2012. She performed to benefit Sheytoons at the St. James Theater, as well as Ramin Karimloo on his 2012 "Road To Find Out" tour. She posts numerous covers on her YouTube channel, occasionally featuring her brother Tom and other YouTubers. She also is featured in Alex Day’s 2013 album Epigrams and Interludes on the songs covering “Poison” and “This Kiss.”
- "Guess We'll Never Know" (2014)
- "Boys In Books" (2013)
- “The Way We Were” (2013)
- "Running Through Rivers" (2012)
- "Three Wishes". YouTube. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "20 Questions with ...Les Miserables' Carrie Hope Fletcher". Whatsonstage.com. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Gannon, Louise. "The super McFly guys". Mail Online (The Daily Mail) (London). Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- "Carrie Hope Fletcher credits". Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Major Cast Change in the West End". Cameron Mackintosh Overseas Limited. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- name="lesmis.com">"Cast and Creatives: Carrie Hope Fletcher". lesmis.com. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- Official website
- https://www.youtube.com/user/ItsWayPastMyBedTime Video on YouTube
- Video on YouTube
- Video on YouTube
- https://www.twitter.com/CarrieHFletcher Carrie Hope Fletcher on Twitter
- [http:// http://hopeful-family.tumblr.com/Carrie.tumblr.com Carrie Hope Fletcher] on Tumblr