Cave Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||36.51 sq mi (94.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.75 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.76 sq mi (2.0 km2) 2.08%|
|Elevation||476 ft (145 m)|
|• Density||49.1/sq mi (19.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62890, 62896|
|GNIS feature ID||0428777|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.51 square miles (94.6 km2), of which 35.75 square miles (92.6 km2) (or 97.92%) is land and 0.76 square miles (2.0 km2) (or 2.08%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Locust Grove
The township contains these four cemeteries: Clem, Downs, Isaacs and Smothers.
- Thompsonville Lake
- West Frankfort City Lake
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Cave Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Benton Township||Eastern Township||Flannigan Township, Hamilton County|
|Frankfort Township||South Flannigan Township, Hamilton County
Tate Township, Saline County
|Galatia Township, Saline County|